Italian Greyhounds (and crosses)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They are a Toy breed. Useless for any hunting. Biggest health problem with them is breaking their legs jumping off the sofa. If you want a "mini greyhound" get a Whippet ? Cheers.

An Australian Borzoi, Im sure the owner won't mind me posting the pic, in fact, I think he may be a member on here; A UK Borzoi I judged at a show some years ago; Cheers.

Believe it or not, I will be more than likely jumped on , but this Italian stops plenty rabbits, it had plenty  of drive ,it’s crazy when it gets a scent but the same as last time this topic arose ,th

Posted Images

On 27/07/2021 at 18:21, mush said:

Looks cow hocked. 

In that photograph from that angle and the way the dog happens to be standing it may well be. Almost impossible to tell from 1 picture. It certainly doesn't appear to have the exaggerated deep chest or roached back that the typical modern Borzio's have. Looks a nice type of dog.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 7 months later...

Read any truthful description of Iti greyhounds and you will be informed that they are difficult to house train. Some owners resort to keeping them in crates. The main reason that they end up in rehoming kennels is because they prefer to sneak off into corners and pee rather than brave the outside chill.

Met a bloke who had a couple and he said he hated the little b*****ds because of their uncleanliness. His wife insisted on keeping them. Not for me.

• Like 1
On 29/03/2022 at 19:10, Snobrd said:

Get yourself an IG / beddlington cross. Small, (7-9 kg), hypoallergenic, agile, tough, loves rough ground and likes to chase. Fearless little thing. Pure IG too fragile. 

why would you when a good Whippet cross has stood the test of time?. all the things above are already there. 

• Like 4

Get yourself an IG / beddlington cross. Small, (7-9 kg), hypoallergenic, agile, tough, loves rough ground and likes to chase. Fearless little thing. Pure IG too fragile. 

Capital idea old chap 

• Haha 1

It's a no brainer

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, samurai said:

First cross Italian greyhound x bedlington, plenty drive in them ,the one in the tree is after squirrels, it gets up and down the tree by itself, all pups from this mating have made decent little mooching dogs.

590333D6-A652-48F6-AD7F-67CA85A4F56B.jpeg

69113A1F-95CA-4F25-93E8-4B62042F36AB.jpeg

A1313C65-18E4-43A8-BC89-7927E5EBA7EB.jpeg

FBA97C35-CB33-4B5F-A619-6CB4EA072A3A.jpeg

How tall are these dogs?

• Like 1