Italian Greyhounds (and crosses)

9 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

So why would you even consider breeding of one to try and use in the field Carl 

Kin el, his answer to this should be a good read, just for amusement value!  Lol ?

• Haha 4

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They are a Toy breed. Useless for any hunting. Biggest health problem with them is breaking their legs jumping off the sofa. If you want a "mini greyhound" get a Whippet ? Cheers.

An Australian Borzoi, Im sure the owner won't mind me posting the pic, in fact, I think he may be a member on here; A UK Borzoi I judged at a show some years ago; Cheers.

Believe it or not, I will be more than likely jumped on , but this Italian stops plenty rabbits, it had plenty  of drive ,it’s crazy when it gets a scent but the same as last time this topic arose ,th

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Kin el, his answer to this should be a good read, just for amusement value!  Lol ?

He will just say I'm a unworthy student that doesn't deserve a reply from such a legend that is Carl Williams from South Wales or something along those lines 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

You need to step carefully with this particular cross very fragile and they are very often in a veterinary surgery  due to their limbs getting busted i would have thought that they would make terrific little ratters but considering they are so dainty and subsequently not well boned to bolt a full flighted small conie id personality  put it across a strong well balanced whippet that stands 19 or 20 inches to the withers and subsequently further more select a hard gtit whippet in order to proceed  in future by you ? putting  it to a flighty relatively small purebred greyhound I wish you luck!!!!

real shame, like a lot of dogs seems that when they arent bred to work they becoming walking vet bills 

I'm not slandering the Italian greyhound off I simply tried to allow him thinking otherwise there are breeding projects he can have a crack at if he wants a good well boned running dog bred into this type of petet breed ? then stand back  and ask the leading authorities that have breeding educated knowledge and long standing experience in the game for in absolute truthfulness you will get someone who will help you with what to use with your Italian greyhound  im not going to really suggest about what id do?.good luck!

4 hours ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

you will get someone who will help you with what to use with your Italian greyhound  im not going to really suggest about what id do?.good luck!

But you did and even what to use after ? anyhow Carl you didn't answer my question why would you even consider using a breed like the Italian grey in any kind of programme given there weaknesses 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

Thats new to me

Look at your previous post Carl ?again i will ask what does a Italian grey bring to the field apart from brittle bones and another question you avoided when does a line become your own 

On 19/07/2021 at 22:09, Blackmag said:

Look at your previous post Carl ?again i will ask what does a Italian grey bring to the field apart from brittle bones and another question you avoided when does a line become your own 

Truthfully the Italian grey is really not a dog created ? for the hunting field simply because they are not armoured up for sports....in so far as when does a bloodline become your own simply because you have a personal affix that doesn't mean to actually alleviate the fact that others can endeavour to prevai cloning your lurcher type ? or longdog strain!!!!!

2 hours ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

the Italian grey is really not a dog created ? for the hunting field simply because they are not armoured up for sports

See carl that's what you should of told him in the first place instead of put it to a whippet .so others can endeavour to clone your breeding of  a grew   behave and how you don't even own one or bred one for years so there is no strain to copy 

On 18/07/2021 at 19:47, Scheme_Lakeland said:

i agree, it is a shame because they are so good with allergies but as most people have said it looks like a waste of time

Am not that far from u mate I’d bring the lamp to see this Italian greyhound run Christ il even bring a proper dog in case it’s kek

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, jackthelad said:

Am not that far from u mate I’d bring the lamp to see this Italian greyhound run Christ il even bring a proper dog in case it’s kek

after hearing about their wee brittle legs ive decided against asking my pal for a shot of the wee fecker, no point in a dog made out of glass 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I spoke to a fella this morning who had a Italian grey x whippet ,it just a pet and to be honest I couldn't see this little thing doing a shift on rabbits as it looked very weak and fragile even with a whippet bred into the mix ,it looked like it could be quick but its legs looked fragile so I couldn't imagine a pure doing work apart from sitting looking pretty  

18 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I spoke to a fella this morning who had a Italian grey x whippet ,it just a pet and to be honest I couldn't see this little thing doing a shift on rabbits as it looked very weak and fragile even with a whippet bred into the mix ,it looked like it could be quick but its legs looked fragile so I couldn't imagine a pure doing work apart from sitting looking pretty  

matchsticks for legs it looks like 

• Like 1
On 19/07/2021 at 10:27, Rudeboy 1 said:

You need to step carefully with this particular cross very fragile and they are very often in a veterinary surgery  due to their limbs getting busted i would have thought that they would make terrific little ratters but considering they are so dainty and subsequently not well boned to bolt a full flighted small conie id personality  put it across a strong well balanced whippet that stands 19 or 20 inches to the withers and subsequently further more select a hard gtit whippet in order to proceed  in future by you ? putting  it to a flighty relatively small purebred greyhound I wish you luck!!!!

And the shit never stops flowing .......