Italian Greyhounds (and crosses)

18 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

? you make me chuckle mate not fragile ? plenty a drive ? 

Kin el Magoo, open your mind.  I don't mean drive as in 'mega prey drive', and not fragile as in 'they didn't snap a tendon or knock a toe up, or break anything, after running 300 metres, which people have suggested they are 'too fragile'.

They obviously aint as robust as other types of running dog, but to say they are all too fragile etc, is a bit of a sweeping statement, especially as loads of them do race etc without breaking their legs or snapping tendons in their hocks etc.

Edited by shaaark

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They are a Toy breed. Useless for any hunting. Biggest health problem with them is breaking their legs jumping off the sofa. If you want a "mini greyhound" get a Whippet ? Cheers.

An Australian Borzoi, Im sure the owner won't mind me posting the pic, in fact, I think he may be a member on here; A UK Borzoi I judged at a show some years ago; Cheers.

Believe it or not, I will be more than likely jumped on , but this Italian stops plenty rabbits, it had plenty  of drive ,it’s crazy when it gets a scent but the same as last time this topic arose ,th

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Kin el Magoo, open your mind.  I don't mean drive as in 'mega prey drive', and not fragile as in 'they didn't snap a tendon or knock a toe up, or break anything, after running 300 metres, which people have suggested they are 'toi fragile'.

They obviously aint as robust as other types of running dog, but to say they are all too fragile etc, is a bit of a sweeping statement, especially as loads of them do race etc without breaking their legs or snapping tendons in their hocks etc.

Waiting for the slop o mometer gauge lol ? been getting mine use to slop he’s taking to it very well ?

80DF8CE5-FF68-4C5E-BD86-9FDE1B4D7312.gif

Edited by green lurchers
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Scheme_Lakeland said:

purebreed italian greyhound? only reason I'm so interested is because i want a lurcher type pup and its either that or a bedlingotn whippet to go along with families allergies 

Lovely little dogs. 

Why do you think a beddy/whippet will be ok with your families allergies?  The ones I've seen, and the one bitch I owned with a fair amount of bedlington in, had the worst coats I've seen on lurchers, and were forever shedding!

9 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Kin el Magoo, open your mind.  I don't mean drive as in 'mega prey drive', and not fragile as in 'they didn't snap a tendon or knock a toe up, or break anything, after running 300 metres, which people have suggested they are 'too fragile'.

Im narrow minded  magoo mate ? 

You'd be OK mate you Welsh got loads a grass land and dont catch much anyway ? 

13 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Lovely little dogs. 

Why do you think a beddy/whippet will be ok with your families allergies?  The ones I've seen, and the one bitch I owned with a fair amount of bedlington in, had the worst coats I've seen on lurchers, and were forever shedding!

ijust know that beddys are and usually a hypoallergenic coat will take over when crossed with something else, same as the lakey and poodle crosses but haven't actually met one to test the theory 

Just now, fred90 said:

they are on preloved, gumtree etc crossed with whippets, they call them whiggys. going to put my bitch to one and call pups whiggy-whipplingtons, £3000 a piece. 

Quick shaark  get your name down on your next pet ? ? ?

49 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Im narrow minded  magoo mate ? 

You'd be OK mate you Welsh got loads a grass land and dont catch much anyway ? 

You know what, Magoo?  You have just ended what could've been a beautiful friendship.

Italian greyhounds ROCK!!  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

One way to get round allergies is to be around the cause I've had bar allergies all my life and the more I'm around the trigger the less it affects. 

ive heard that too, that a tolerance can build from living with an animal from when its very young but never wanted to risk testing it 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Was a lad I knew a few years back was big into whippets, peddling them mostly but he had an accidental lol litter of whippet x Italian greyhounds an they wasnt as delicate as most are saying, the pure ones are tiny tho, what fcuk you gonna do with a mouse hound ?

was only for allergies, will have to find some other way