Summer hunting

7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

You'd be even more anxious if we was out and had to slip ??

I couldn't keep up with you, Magoo.  My days and nights of walking several miles across country, are long behind me.  And I couldn't justify buying a new pair of froggo wellies, to try to make things are bit more 'even' for us!  ? ?

• Haha 1

Seen a post FB dog page yesterday with the title the stubbles are here or sommat like that. Where a hare gets kicked up and is nailed within a hundred yards. It got the usual ton of 'likes' and any condemnation that it was mid summer, was met with the 'only starting a pup'...

I have no problem starting a pup at any time, because that is dependent on when that pup was born but i just wish folks would think about glorifying it at this time of year...

40 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Seen a post FB dog page yesterday with the title the stubbles are here or sommat like that. Where a hare gets kicked up and is nailed within a hundred yards. It got the usual ton of 'likes' and any condemnation that it was mid summer, was met with the 'only starting a pup'...

I have no problem starting a pup at any time, because that is dependent on when that pup was born but i just wish folks would think about glorifying it at this time of year...

?

ive not seen a field cut yet....but i bet theres an early barley field or two somewhere....as you say bosun tis a shame to kill a hare at this time...and the ground is rock hard at the mo....if you want to get a pup some fur in its mouth ..be better doing like trev has on this post...a few rabbits on thick grass land...at least save the dogs feet...

• Like 8
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

Is that a doubled up slip.............................................................??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, shaaark said:

'Pest control' has no season.  How are they both bred, trev?

The older bitch is collie whippet x beddy whippet greyhound and the pup is Acd x whippet greyhound cross collie whippet greyhound mate. The morning was more about the pup meeting the sheep and seeing the ferret around the holes but no harm done letting her get her mouth around a few rabbits too.

Edited by Trev70
  • Like 3