Whippet dog pup

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? It just goes to show you that if you are out of the loop, kinda thing, then topic such as prices for running dogs, are a bit of a mystery..? Locally , we have always had quite a plethora of whi

Finally got her to sit still

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

You our right lol it's my eyes wasn't ment for you lol sorry 

Your off your head. Grand for a whippet you've advertised on the wrong site lad. You must be pals with rudeboy if it was a bred uo to the eyeballs coursing dog yeah fair enough but a grand for a whippet you be better off with the rest of money grabbers Preloved etc

3 minutes ago, sid g said:

all i`m saying is they`ve gone up mate of mines just been offered a few russells one 18 month old  from working stock 1500 quid jobs gone mad 

It's the idiots who pay it making it worse I've a 10 month old coursing pup here bred up to the nines was 500 pick out of litter. Fools and Thier money........

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

Your off your head. Grand for a whippet you've advertised on the wrong site lad. You must be pals with rudeboy if it was a bred uo to the eyeballs coursing dog yeah fair enough but a grand for a whippet you be better off with the rest of money grabbers Preloved etc

Nothing to do with me iam not saleing it lol I was.asking is it.a miss print just because he was asking 1000 for it lol

? It just goes to show you that if you are out of the loop, kinda thing, then topic such as prices for running dogs, are a bit of a mystery..?

Locally , we have always had quite a plethora of whippets, both Hard Blood, Non-Peds, and KC Registered Pedigree Whippets.

Several rabbiting/mouching lads that I know, have gone over to these diminutive speedsters, and they all seem quite pleased with them... ?

Times are 'a changing, in the Field sports world,..and many enthusiasts are enjoying the rabbit as their main quarry...

Obviously, the working whippet takes to the Coney catching game, real easy....in fact, they love it...

Personally,..and no offence to any man wanting to earn some vonga,..(don't we all?) but, I would not pay out £1000 for a hunting dog....

I've worked lurchers and sundry speedsters for over sixty years,...and experience has taught me that our's, is often a cruel and dangerous game...

However, as I've said on numerous occasions, what any man does with his own dogs, is a matter for his own conscience...none of my business.

That maxim also goes for how much cash he chooses to lay out, for his canine pal..?

Be lucky now Brothers,..and stay safe...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 17
7 hours ago, OldPhil said:

? It just goes to show you that if you are out of the loop, kinda thing, then topic such as prices for running dogs, are a bit of a mystery..?

Locally , we have always had quite a plethora of whippets, both Hard Blood, Non-Peds, and KC Registered Pedigree Whippets.

Several rabbiting/mouching lads that I know, have gone over to these diminutive speedsters, and they all seem quite pleased with them... ?

Times are 'a changing, in the Field sports world,..and many enthusiasts are enjoying the rabbit as their main quarry...

Obviously, the working whippet takes to the Coney catching game, real easy....in fact, they love it...

Personally,..and no offence to any man wanting to earn some vonga,..(don't we all?) but, I would not pay out £1000 for a hunting dog....

I've worked lurchers and sundry speedsters for over sixty years,...and experience has taught me that our's, is often a cruel and dangerous game...

However, as I've said on numerous occasions, what any man does with his own dogs, is a matter for his own conscience...none of my business.

That maxim also goes for how much cash he chooses to lay out, for his canine pal..?

Weyhill Whippet Racing Feb 2007 012.jpg

Weyhill Whippet Racing Feb 2007 057.jpg

Weyhill Whippet Racing Feb 2007 059.jpg

That last pic is a stunning animal ??

17 hours ago, OldPhil said:

Weyhill Whippet Racing Feb 2007 012.jpg

Weyhill Whippet Racing Feb 2007 057.jpg

Weyhill Whippet Racing Feb 2007 059.jpg

Very nice ? 

Hope pup gets a good working home .

Grand is lot of ? for any dog ,me old whippet by my feet was given to me and he's been great dog ,would I pay a g for one ,I say no but I've had 11 yrs of fun and tears at times and no money would buy him .

Days of getting a pup for 150 are gone way of the dodo 

• Like 2

Lot of money for a pup. I wanted to get my young son a whippet for his first dog as I’ve fond memories with whippets there a good crack I was thinking in a couple of years time only for nocking rabbits over but the prices are not really practical to bring any young lads with a keen interest in dogs in to the game I think young lads have been out priced by greed. My son will have to wait a extra year on his 2yr wait till 3 years till I breed my beddy/collie cross bitch he can have one of them think it’ll be to big an to much dog for him but least it’ll be well bred out of workers to be workers only down side is I don’t like having 2 pups on the go at once……sounds like hard work 

was talking to a chap outside the villiage shop couple of weeks ago  , he had a young whippet pup in tow  he said i got it cheap off someone i know ,i only paid 2 grand for it , i said has it got golden bolox , ,,what do you meen he said  , .i just moved on ,,

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, poxon said:

Lot of money for a pup. I wanted to get my young son a whippet for his first dog as I’ve fond memories with whippets there a good crack I was thinking in a couple of years time only for nocking rabbits over but the prices are not really practical to bring any young lads with a keen interest in dogs in to the game I think young lads have been out priced by greed. My son will have to wait a extra year on his 2yr wait till 3 years till I breed my beddy/collie cross bitch he can have one of them think it’ll be to big an to much dog for him but least it’ll be well bred out of workers to be workers only down side is I don’t like having 2 pups on the go at once……sounds like hard work 

I wouldn’t have a pup for a kid mate I’ve been there and done that with my stepson who was 16/17 at the time,he doesn’t mind a look out but never want a lurched before.The lads he was knocking about with had them so he fancied one.When down to Birmingham for the 1st one as I got him it for Xmas cost me £55 in fuel £170 for the dog which died a week later with parvo.He got one gifted 2 mts later from Scotland so that cost me £60 in fuel I got the lad a Russel bitch which he wanted as I always repay my favours.Then when the dog hit 2yrs old he got rid of it which never cost him a penny but cost me all the food,jabs,a £1300 vet bill I swore then I would never do it again for him.