If you could only have one dog

1 hour ago, Bosun11 said:

I've not owned a coursing dog for over 30 years but now i'd want a dog that will try to stop a hare in one field, not run it over three. I also want sommat that will return almost as fast as it went out. I've always had a problem with dogs that didn't. Maybe i'll go back to full coursing blood but not yet...

I'm hoping that the coursing blood in my little bitch does what i was told it tries to do, which is pressure it's quarry and try to kill it quick and the bull blood in her will have her return to my side asap and i'll gel with her better too!

Sadly, knowing my luck, i'll have a three field plodder that can't catch shit and is so indifferent to me, that she spends more time with the local dog warden. Where's that fecking gun..! ?‍♂️ ?

Your after something doesn't exist mate lol no dog will stop things fast regular  ?the long ear has more about it then to let that happen mate early season or land were there green not run much maybe ?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d say my choice would be what I’ve got now I only have one dog for everything I do there’s better dogs out there for individual jobs but I use a collie greyhound beddy greyhound x I think this cross

My choice would be a we beddy whippet greyhound 

?Its a difficult choice to make,...its been a long old life with lurchers...? Regarding lurchers,.. I seem to have undergone a sequence of evolutionary changes over the years, and what suited me 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Your after something doesn't exist mate lol no dog will stop things fast regular  ?the long ear has more about it then to let that happen mate early season or land were there green not run much maybe ?

MC, it really doesn't have to be regular, just as long as it can.

I'm not wedded to one type of hunting with a lurcher these days and like a jack of all trades.

Like i said, maybe i'll look to more coursing blood in the future, if this scruffy mutt ain't up to much but there's a season coming up to test her plenty and so far, so good... ?

37 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

?Its a difficult choice to make,...its been a long old life with lurchers...?

Regarding lurchers,.. I seem to have undergone a sequence of evolutionary changes over the years, and what suited me then,.sure wouldn't suit me now..?

One type of hunter that I feel might possibly fill the bill, would be Mercedes...

She was a good old stick, bred me some nice pups and got me the cash to put down on my little house...

We worked together for several years, and her efforts sure did help in paying the Mortgage...

I valued her assistance financially, but I never really liked her all that much,..we did not see eye to eye ,..and accordingly I was not the best of men with her... I regret this...?

Anyway, I would still have to place her high on my list of genuine jukels, and she could certainly stop most critters..?

Nice to look back lads,..but times have changed....

Go careful Brothers, stay safe, OldPhil.?

File0014 (2).jpg

pic80.jpg

Got to agree Phil, done the same myself.

These days i'd rather get on 'better' with a lurcher than not, no matter what it's capable of...

7 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

I'm not wedded to one type of hunting with a lurcher these days and like a jack of all trades.

Like i said, maybe i'll look to more coursing blood in the future, if this scruffy mutt ain't up to much but there's a season coming up to test her plenty and so far, so good... ?

?

5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

? ill bite you know I will ? 

I told you mate catapult more use during the day ? 

Whats you thoughts mate what dog 

? lol ?

Well, for me I think a deer/collie/grey or deer/whippet/grey, or a mix of both, would suit me.  I like the nature etc of these types/crosses.  I just seem to get on better with them.  

May I be so bold as to enquire what your thoughts are on type/cross of dog you prefer, Magoo?  ?

? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, shaaark said:

? lol ?

Well, for me I think a deer/collie/grey or deer/whippet/grey, or a mix of both, would suit me.  I like the nature etc of these types/crosses.  I just seem to get on better with them.  

May I be so bold as to enquire what your thoughts are on type/cross of dog you prefer, Magoo?  ?

? ?

Bit of beddy in that collie greyhound deerhound mix sounds proper ???

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Be popular round yours with a full coursing bred mutt ?

• Haha 1