Fiber good or bad?

10 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Look at our older generations, tgey ate clean foods and grew most of their own and are fit well into their 80s n 90s.  You should check out back to eden for growing produce. Also what minerals are we missing out on by wearing shoes etc??? That we would normally absorb and earth ourselves??

Some did, the rest of working class innercity Briton ate out of the frying pan and started dropping off their perches from 50 onwards...

Doctors in the A&E wards will ask the families of older heart and stroke patients what they did for a living. They get a feel for the lifetime state of health in the patient from that... In working class people, daily fry up breakfasts, spam and white bread butties etc for dinner and a couple of pints in the evenings, Woodbine and Capston ciggies all day... etc

The state of heath in this country post WW2 was/is shocking and yet WE have so many improved standards of living, better food choices and we are so spoiled for that choice, we eat vast ammounts of poor products and are as unhealthy as the generation before.

We just don't learn...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's  stoners then there's stoners who get chit done lol  I don't promote it len it's just my vice . You could quite easily say worse about alcohol or a million other things.  Moral

Moderation and variation is key with the main goal being more calories out than in. Along with managing expectations, you aren't going to drop that beer gut and tits in 3 months no matter which fad di

There's this chippy up near me  good lord above the fish are humongous dripping in lard same wi chips god I shovel it down with soft sugary drink slices of bread larraped in lurpak    . Bloody nora I'

5 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Some did, the rest of working class innercity Briton ate out of the frying pan and started dropping off their perches from 50 onwards...

Doctors in the A&E wards will ask the families of older heart and stroke patients what they did for a living. They get a feel for the lifetime state of health in the patient from that... In working class people, daily fry up breakfasts, spam and white bread butties etc for dinner and a couple of pints in the evenings, Woodbine and Capston ciggies all day... etc

The state of heath in this country post WW2 was/is shocking and yet WE have so many improved standards of living, better food choices and we are so spoiled for that choice, we eat vast ammounts of poor products and are as unhealthy as the generation before.

We just don't learn...

Most of the food these days is highly processed bosun,might be more choice but if you think  about it,most of it is shite,I'm really starting to dislike carbs,at the end of the day it's just sugar,an sugar is dirt.

Our cells are made of cholesterol,half our brain is,cholesterol is very important,an it comes from meat,an it's got a bad rap from the mainstream,i wonder why,low cholesterol is downright dangerous.

One carb I wont give up is souds,oh I love me spuds

10 minutes ago, Rusty2 said:

Grebs right. Folk get in too deep with fad diets and extreme diets etc unless your an athlete or have to follow a specific diet for medical reasons. A healthy balance diet , exercise and keep away from foods that domt agree is the sensible thing to do. 

I'm thinking the other way rusty,who said it's a fad diet,the TV?I dont watch the TV anymore sometimes the news to see what bullshit there spouting,but I learned anything they say do the opposite lol why give your body something it doesn't need,carbs.

It's a false economy I think,everyone's insulin up an down all day with carbs ain't a good thing,that's all it does.

Carbs dont build nothing expect sugar

Protein an good fats an some spuds for me,getting back on it in couple days.

Edited by Francie
15 minutes ago, Rusty2 said:

Keto is a fad diet its got popular because folk like Joe rogan etc talk about it. Honestly mate some rice and that ain't goin to be harmful for your body and the right carbs are a good energy source.  Sugar in the right amounts ain't bad for you either just like fats and most stuff for that matter. 

Moderation and variation is key with the main goal being more calories out than in. Along with managing expectations, you aren't going to drop that beer gut and tits in 3 months no matter which fad diet you choose.

Keto does work of you have a specific goal in mind like weight stripping for a sporting event or holiday but don't expect it to be a permanent loss. I've dabbled in it in the past and half a stone per week isn't unachievable if your strict with your carb intake. Typically less than 15 grams per day. I recall losing near 2 stone over a three week period. Of course I put it all back on and some when I introduced carbs back into my diet. Your also no use to anyone as all you'll do is sleep and crave carbs.

About 2 years ago at my heaviest I was 15.5 stone at 5ft 6" (fat f****r). After two years of regular gym, exercise and calorie counting I'm now at 11.5 stone. I was close to 11 stone running 10k 3 times per week.

I've recently starting weight training which I've blamed the .5 stone gain on.

Worth noting that despite all of the above I still have a flabby stomach. To lose weight and look like a love island contestant is an unachievable goal for most without being able to commit hours per day to the weights rack or spend £££ per week on chemicals. 

Most of all, get out there and do something. Even a walk is better than being sat on the couch making your way through a slab of cans and a curry.

• Like 4

Balance is the key and that can change depending on your goals and what you wish to achieve.

Zero carbs can become an issue from a vitamin point of view. Some greens/vegetables imo are essential for taking in not only some fibre but also vitamins. But these have such a small carb ratio that they are not worth missing.

Carbohydrate intake does have some benefits of insulin production and growth hormone release which is needed to build stronger and better if that's your goal.

The '5 a day' vegetables & fruit mantra is just a PR campaign, so when meat and other protein based foods become demonised even more in the future, hopefully most people will be eating generally just veg, so won't care anyway. 

Protein is king.... but that's another story ?

Edited by Neobliviscaris1776
  • Like 2
54 minutes ago, Rusty2 said:

Keto is a fad diet its got popular because folk like Joe rogan etc talk about it. Honestly mate some rice and that ain't goin to be harmful for your body and the right carbs are a good energy source.  Sugar in the right amounts ain't bad for you either just like fats and most stuff for that matter. 

Fair enough rusty if that's what you think,Joe might have made it more popular,but everyone used to eat keto until farming was introduced,still loads places round the world there natural diet is keto.

31 minutes ago, Francie said:

Fair enough rusty if that's what you think,Joe might have made it more popular,but everyone used to eat keto until farming was introduced,still loads places round the world there natural diet is keto.

i think thats more paleo than keto....and paleo does have a certain number of fruits seeds nuts...and some plant tubers ..so there are some carbs......i think the only indigenous people that were real keto eaters were probably eskimo types or those living in the artic circle.... 

i also dont think by you adding in potatoes you can be in ketosis .....im not saying what your eating is bad but its not keto if your not in ketosis ...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TOMO said:

theres no dowt that keto and carnivore diets have helped a lot of people ...very overweight,,,, type 2 diabetics ..etc..

the lac of carbs keeps the insulin spikes on a level ...nearly everybody that does these diets report coming off the the daily shots of insulin ...and the obese loose weight...

i think the thing to remember with the overweight is ...because of the increase in protein the body feels fuller for longer so there is more of a chance for the over all calories to be lower ...and of course when your in ketosis your body has transferred over from burning glycogen stored in your muscles to burning body fat as there is no glycogen in your muscles .....thats the hole idea of keto ..   

Is there any room for Cornish pasties on the keto diet?

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Rusty2 said:

People used to brush their teeth with sticks and mud until toothbrushes and toothpaste were introduced mate.  Sometimes change is for the better and we are learning more each day ?

If your wanting to experiment with keto give it a go and you might find it works fornyou theres certainly a lot worse things you could be doing to your body

Eh in my day 1940s it was soot from the chimney that's why I've none left I have to suck on stuff today 

16 hours ago, Francie said:

Saying we cant digest fiber,where does that leave us with veggies?(excuse the pun)

When I ate alot of fiber,my stomach got bloated,an very gassy,I tend not to eat veggies anymore,because if we cant digest it,that means we cant absorb anything out of it,so it's pointless.

Fiber ain't all its cracked up to be.

I dont think there even is an essential carb?

Carbs are just sugar,an that's it,toxic to the body.

WWW.SCIENCEDIRECT.COM

Many studies show that daily consumption of high-fiber diet reduces the risk of developing kidney stones...

2 hours ago, Rusty2 said:

People used to brush their teeth with sticks and mud until toothbrushes and toothpaste were introduced mate.  Sometimes change is for the better and we are learning more each day ?

If your wanting to experiment with keto give it a go and you might find it works fornyou theres certainly a lot worse things you could be doing to your body

Iv already done the keto last year for nearly 6 months rusty an I felt great

• Like 1