Cow hocked pup

Evening lads, 

wondering if anyone can shed a bit of light on this as my pup has the above condition and i am obviously concerned about the longevity of his working career or if it even worth entering him!??

gutted is an understatement!!

ive put alot of time in and he has taken to most thing very naturally, he’s got a great temperament and showing great potential, i just cant see him lasting very long the way his hind legs are. Is it worth a try or should i start again?? any advise from anyone with experience would be helpful and appreciated.

ATB thanks in advance

6F911B1F-AA17-4E1A-A9E4-776A0474D8FB.jpeg

6A5AA657-698B-4579-BDDB-D74E14B18D72.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How old is the pup? With very fast growing pups they often outgrow themselves in sometimes bizarre ways. If he's destined to be big and leggy with it, it could be he's just going through a horrible st

U could be walking into big problems mate me personally I would get it a pet home iam not telling u watt to do now that's just.me all the best ferret man ?

All these boys telling u do.this do that just ask urself would they keep that pup if they had it for a working dog try this try that my advice is try and get it a new home and get urself a good pup al

Posted Images

I've seen it mate as it gets older will look like a German shepherd roached back will only make a knock about lurcher at best and might end up costing you a pretty penny in vet bills mate bk end will.always look weak ?

Edited by mC HULL
8 minutes ago, TOM HEAVY said:

Cheers for you in put lads, is there anyone on here with 1st hand experience with a dog which had/has this condition??

1 of my mates had 1 camel hocked a lot worse than that tbf it were over 15 month before it started 2 come good but it did and went on sound ,but 2 o the litter brother were pts ,1 bitch pup come good aswell so 

Just now, mC HULL said:

I've seen it mate as it gets older will look like a German shepherd roached back will only make a knock about lurcher at best and might end up costing you a pretty penny in Baverstock bills mate bk end will.always look weak ?

Ur a horrible man 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Black neck said:

1 of my mates had 1 camel hocked a lot worse than that tbf it were over 15 month before it started 2 come good but it did and went on sound ,but 2 o the litter brother were pts ,1 bitch pup come good aswell so 

I've never known them go bk.mate ? ?

Normally when a pup is cow hocked it will stay that way BUT it can be made better with a good diet and hard work and the difference will be seen in a couple of months … put him on a raw meat diet of chicken and beef and double his walks and work to tighten up the grasilis muscle and tendons … give the pup as much free running as you can … lots sprinting after a ball or running around with another dog. 

• Like 2

Had a terrier the same way and never come right and he was 12yrs old by then but good on the rats,as for a lit her I would give him to a pet home mate as it’s in his breeding and will never come right.atb with what you do.

• Like 1
Just now, lurchers said:

Had a terrier the same way and never come right and he was 12yrs old by then but good on the rats,as for a lit her I would give him to a pet home mate as it’s in his breeding and will never come right.atb with what you do.

Genetcs mate ? 

Terriers pit dogs get away with it 

Runner will not ?

• Like 3