Countryside march Hyde park 24 years ago today!

4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Yep , mental to think it was that long ago 

A good day out for the landowners and the gentry and to say “ah well we tried “ 

Token gesture 

Blair won his historic 3rd term the year after the ban, a feat never before achieved by the Labour Party.

Sort of says it all really 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Yep , mental to think it was that long ago 

A good day out for the landowners and the gentry and to say “ah well we tried “ 

Token gesture 

Have you ever noticed the winners in life are not the cynics. Its seems to me the only thing the cynics win is more negativity to feed their hungry bellies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, jeemes said:

Have you ever noticed the winners in life are not the cynics. Its seems to me the only thing the cynics win is more negativity to feed their hungry bellies.

Not sure what you mean by that pal at all . 

I was 15 years old when the March happened and had three running dogs. 
I never knew anything about the parliament act , or Watson or the future of hunting . I just to be able to walk my dogs with no fear of prosecution. 

id just started going down the fens with older lads and saw nothing but sportsman like behaviour , proper Dog lads , and gentlemenly conduct. They were made criminals overnight. I lamped , both from the van and the field and was Never bothered . 
 The season after I was lifted three times . Once in Scotland on full permission and spent Saturday till Monday in Dumfries nick. 

I was never prosecuted ( unlike a lad I ran with who was one of the first in Scotland ) and eventually the coppers round me became accustomed to that neither me or the lads I was running with were stealing farm equipment or the arch criminal villains we were portrayed to be . 

in time I saw lads have dogs taken , vehicles seized , demonised in the local papers for chasing hares with lurchers 

the ban made us criminals , the March gave us no voice and I saw many lads turn away from dogs as it just wasn’t worth the bother of a broken brake light on the way home. 

at the same time I saw the hound meets near me published in the paper , endless footage of Boxing Day hunts and all without a hint of the act pressed against them. 

now the organisers of that March are in bed with those who wanted us banned. A lurcher and Subaru is a threat to the farming economy of the uk now . The national game keepers organisation are moral guardians of animal welfare and gallelio we’re using helicopters to chase coursers whilst soldiers DIED in Afghanistan  as there wasn’t enough helicopters. 

cynical? It’s f***ing hard not to be 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

My reasoning for my attendance on the marches was that hunting is the thin end of the wedge . Once that’s gone they will move on to shooting, when that’s gone …fishing? These people won’t stop until we are a nation of “ bunny huggers “ . 
             If anyone thinks that hunting is able to carry on as if nothing has happened , that’s not been my experience  . The unwashed are out most days filming and making a nuisance of themselves. The police do get involved sometimes but it’s a bit different to Lurcher’s and coursing because there is no trespass involved and it’s difficult for the police to prosecute.
         It was a great experience and field sports and country folk united , but ultimately our voices went unheeded. Cherrie Blair was a lot to do with the ban , the unelected wife pulling the strings behind the scenes. Now we have Boris Johnson’s Mrs Carrie , a vegan pulling strings. The Badger cull will not be rolled out to any new areas  . What a country this is , unelected silly bitches getting a say  in what happens , in something they have no involvement in , just because they don’t like it and it offends their delicate sensibilities.

• Like 5
18 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Not sure what you mean by that pal at all . 

I was 15 years old when the March happened and had three running dogs. 
I never knew anything about the parliament act , or Watson or the future of hunting . I just to be able to walk my dogs with no fear of prosecution. 

id just started going down the fens with older lads and saw nothing but sportsman like behaviour , proper Dog lads , and gentlemenly conduct. They were made criminals overnight. I lamped , both from the van and the field and was Never bothered . 
 The season after I was lifted three times . Once in Scotland on full permission and spent Saturday till Monday in Dumfries nick. 

I was never prosecuted ( unlike a lad I ran with who was one of the first in Scotland ) and eventually the coppers round me became accustomed to that neither me or the lads I was running with were stealing farm equipment or the arch criminal villains we were portrayed to be . 

in time I saw lads have dogs taken , vehicles seized , demonised in the local papers for chasing hares with lurchers 

the ban made us criminals , the March gave us no voice and I saw many lads turn away from dogs as it just wasn’t worth the bother of a broken brake light on the way home. 

at the same time I saw the hound meets near me published in the paper , endless footage of Boxing Day hunts and all without a hint of the act pressed against them. 

now the organisers of that March are in bed with those who wanted us banned. A lurcher and Subaru is a threat to the farming economy of the uk now . The national game keepers organisation are moral guardians of animal welfare and gallelio we’re using helicopters to chase coursers whilst soldiers DIED in Afghanistan  as there wasn’t enough helicopters. 

cynical? It’s f***ing hard not to be 

I think a lot of us thought that we would march on London and have a big push and that would be that, but it was and will be an ongoing fight. My son was out in the middle east at the time, you dont have to convince me, its strong stuff and it goes on. When Blair got in that night I thought that that was it for hunting with dogs, but 20 years later and we are still doing it despite all the ammo we daily feed the enemy with on facebook with photos, accounts and even videos!! As for the lads who turned away from dogs because "it wasnt worth the bother" I cannot believe they had any kind of passion for dogs, and reading that must give the antis a very warm feeling to know how weak there opposition is. I agree its hard not to be cynical, but being cynical will never help any situation or make you feel good. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jeemes said:

I think a lot of us thought that we would march on London and have a big push and that would be that, but it was and will be an ongoing fight. My son was out in the middle east at the time, you dont have to convince me, its strong stuff and it goes on. When Blair got in that night I thought that that was it for hunting with dogs, but 20 years later and we are still doing it despite all the ammo we daily feed the enemy with on facebook with photos, accounts and even videos!! As for the lads who turned away from dogs because "it wasnt worth the bother" I cannot believe they had any kind of passion for dogs, and reading that must give the antis a very warm feeling to know how weak there opposition is. I agree its hard not to be cynical, but being cynical will never help any situation or make you feel good. 

Mate , 

lads were getting hammered with anpr cameras up here nightly . It genuinely wasn’t worth it 

• Like 1