High mileage motors

2 minutes ago, Rusty2 said:

Don't think they really make many crap motors these days. Would imagine everything has to be done to a decent standard. Bet there's some cheap wee cars out there that folk have looked after have been round the clock

These days motors ain't made to last .. 

Plastic clips holding bits together that break soon as you pull them .

I had a 2016 vauxhall viva for the missus , problem with timing within 30000 miles ..

Exhaust bracket rusted through then fell off .

Then at 3 1/2 yr old and 60000 timing chain needed replacing at a dealer quote of over a £1000.

This car had a full service history wasn't driven hard it was just shite made imo 

• Like 3

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 1.9tdi VW engine will run forever .

My brothers 4.2 landcruiser Amazon has 400,000 miles on , it’s used most days , starts before you finish turning the key , tows a three ton digger on a one and a half ton plant trailer up stupidly ste

When father died mother sold his Volvo 244 to a local milkman (1979), that car was last year to be still running on nearly 400K. Depends how they've been driven/serviced/repaired. We've just put

Posted Images

20 hours ago, sussex said:

I think it was the Volvo mate …I recon another forty years and 4,000,000 miles on my Amazon and I’m in with a shout , trouble is I’ll be a 109 ….?

?

10 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

They’re good , but they’re not that good . However Clarkson and co tried to kill one and couldn’t. They did wonders for their second hand value.

Great episode that can't see the modern Hilux being as tough as those older models and as you say that episode did wonders for them 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, dodger said:

Great episode that can't see the modern Hilux being as tough as those older models and as you say that episode did wonders for them 

My first car was a hilux because of that top gear program,  paid £1500 for a G reg one with 180k on the clock run it for a year and sold it for £1500 , still had 180k on clock as the speedo did not work ha 

10 hours ago, vfr400boy said:

My first car was a hilux because of that top gear program,  paid £1500 for a G reg one with 180k on the clock run it for a year and sold it for £1500 , still had 180k on clock as the speedo did not work ha 

Mate had one on an R reg..payed 2800 and sold it for 5k after they tried to kill that old one on top gear?the new ones are no way as reliable as the pre 2000 models...only pick up I'd have these days would be the Isuzu?