High mileage motors

9 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

C15s were a remarkable van if I’m not mistaken the engine was the Peugeot XUD19 diesel loads of cabbies over here used to run them. 

Yes. Same engine in my previous Berlingo. Flat as a fart  but run for ever. The French call the old Citroens Les Indistructables.

I had the larger versjon of that engjne in our first French motorhome. 73bhp, 2.5 pulling 3 tonnes!

P1000553.JPG.ea490f051383a5874dd8d51b81d22c0f.JPG

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 1.9tdi VW engine will run forever .

My brothers 4.2 landcruiser Amazon has 400,000 miles on , it’s used most days , starts before you finish turning the key , tows a three ton digger on a one and a half ton plant trailer up stupidly ste

When father died mother sold his Volvo 244 to a local milkman (1979), that car was last year to be still running on nearly 400K. Depends how they've been driven/serviced/repaired. We've just put

Posted Images

9 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

Silly money I must have owned over 10/15 they were unbreakable if I owned them now I would be very wealthy, if you do a bit of research you will see they started life as a boat engine Honda at its finest. 

Iv a 1972 honda pc50 i rode from johno grotes to lands end , no problems even now I can pull it out the shed pedal a few times n she's away 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

Couldn't get on with the CX500. The vibrations through the handlebars gave me white fingers. No problems with the VF750 and Deauville 650 though.

I’ve owned a VFR750 as well great bikes this is the first time in my life I’ve not got a bike in the garage late last year I sold a Ducati Monster 1000.

• Sad 1

Just out of interest the Guinness book has a Volvo 1800s as the record for the highest recorded  privately owned vehicle …3,000,000 miles , it’s first clutch was changed at450,000 miles ….

On 09/07/2021 at 06:29, Chid said:

Having a timing chain instead of a belt means nothing nowadays , some belts have a better life than chains , my chain went on my car at 60 thousand mile at 3 1/2 year old ..

Some belts now last 100/150 thousand mile 

Most tensioner on the timing chain oil fed mate so bad oil not keeping on top no good? 

I’ve got a 2013 Hilux that had 175000 on it when I got it . I’ve had it three years and it’s just gone past 2000000 . I change the oil and filter more often than I probably need to and never thrash it  . It runs so smoothly and I’ve literally not spent a penny on it in repairs ( apart from a dpf regeneration) . I hope to keep it for as long as I can . I’ve always wanted a Hilux and I’m not disappointed . 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Gospel said:

Most tensioner on the timing chain oil fed mate so bad oil not keeping on top no good? 

Doubt it was bad oil and not keeping on top of it seen as it was not even 4 yrs old and was serviced at the correct intervals 

• Like 1
On 11/07/2021 at 14:14, sussex said:

Just out of interest the Guinness book has a Volvo 1800s as the record for the highest recorded  privately owned vehicle …3,000,000 miles , it’s first clutch was changed at450,000 miles ….

Is that the one Volvo was so proud of the miles they gifted the fella a new motor or was that Toyota 

On 11/07/2021 at 16:11, shovel leaner said:

I’ve got a 2013 Hilux that had 175000 on it when I got it . I’ve had it three years and it’s just gone past 2000000 . I change the oil and filter more often than I probably need to and never thrash it  . It runs so smoothly and I’ve literally not spent a penny on it in repairs ( apart from a dpf regeneration) . I hope to keep it for as long as I can . I’ve always wanted a Hilux and I’m not disappointed . 

200k or 2m?

30 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

200k or 2m?

Oh yes , got a bit carried away with the 0’s ,   I’m assuming that it just looked wrong and that you didn’t spend what is a beautiful summer’s day going through posts , looking for mistakes, counting Zeros and taking the hapless mistake makers to task over their ineptitude…….. because that would be sad ? 

6 hours ago, dodger said:

Is that the one Volvo was so proud of the miles they gifted the fella a new motor or was that Toyota 

I think it was the Volvo mate …I recon another forty years and 4,000,000 miles on my Amazon and I’m in with a shout , trouble is I’ll be a 109 ….?

13 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Oh yes , got a bit carried away with the 0’s ,   I’m assuming that it just looked wrong and that you didn’t spend what is a beautiful summer’s day going through posts , looking for mistakes, counting Zeros and taking the hapless mistake makers to task over their ineptitude…….. because that would be sad ? 

No, was weighing up whether to buy one 1.8m miles of trouble free motoring is not to be sniffed at. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, JDHUNTING said:

No, was weighing up whether to buy one 1.8m miles of trouble free motoring is not to be sniffed at. 

They’re good , but they’re not that good . However Clarkson and co tried to kill one and couldn’t. They did wonders for their second hand value.

• Like 3