High mileage motors

Whats the highest miles you've put on a car or what you know of, iv put 200000 on a 1.7 Cdti was thinking of trading it in however it still seems to be running well n after speaking to someone who's running an octavia with over 300000 on the clock I might just keep it a while longer what are your experiences..

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 1.9tdi VW engine will run forever .

My brothers 4.2 landcruiser Amazon has 400,000 miles on , it’s used most days , starts before you finish turning the key , tows a three ton digger on a one and a half ton plant trailer up stupidly ste

When father died mother sold his Volvo 244 to a local milkman (1979), that car was last year to be still running on nearly 400K. Depends how they've been driven/serviced/repaired. We've just put

Posted Images

When father died mother sold his Volvo 244 to a local milkman (1979), that car was last year to be still running on nearly 400K.

Depends how they've been driven/serviced/repaired. We've just put 160k miles on a Peugeot Partner van, 32 months, it's fooked.

Cheers, D.

• Like 5
Just now, Gypsydog94 said:

Didn’t they suffer from rust issues? 

Yes, round the tops of the windscreens and bottoms of the doors mate.

I had a vauxhall cavalier 1.7 td as a cheap  in-between  cars car and it had 370k on it , it was still running well and everything worked as it should,  a mate had a mk1 golf gti  with  400k on it ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, dodger said:

Really?

Have you had to do a lot to it to get so much out of it..

That’s was years ago I had that motor mate, just kept it services and had a limiter in it so it wasn’t thrashed to f**k.

It got nicked in the end, but I’d had a couple of the old 308 and 310 d mercs  before with 300 and 400 thousand on them.

The older mercs were better.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, WILF said:

That’s was years ago I had that motor mate, just kept it services and had a limiter in it so it wasn’t thrashed to f**k.

It got nicked in the end, but I’d had a couple of the old 308 and 310 d mercs  before with 300 and 400 thousand on them.

The older mercs were better.

Real shame that after it served you so well but just goes to show what some will do if looked after do you think I modern diesels are as capable even tho there's more that can go wrong compared to older simpler diesels

Just now, dodger said:

Real shame that after it served you so well but just goes to show what some will do if looked after do you think I modern diesels are as capable even tho there's more that can go wrong compared to older simpler diesels

I think modern motors are built to sell parts mate, there’s f**k all money in selling you the motor, all the money is in parts and repairs. 

• Like 2