24 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Plymouth Finla Coffee owners 'could face prison' if they don't pay £42,000 - Devon Live

local place has a big fine and is looking at prison if they dont pay. all for not following the rules, well blatatently ignoring them 

In light of Hancock and all that it’s a total f***ing Liberty…..poor b*****ds were probably only trying to keep going.

f***ing councils, thieving c**ts !

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

In light of Hancock and all that it’s a total f***ing Liberty…..poor b*****ds were probably only trying to keep going.

f***ing councils, thieving c**ts !

Yes, I agree - it definitely looks like they've gone for an easy target - the same way those scumbags at HMRC will completely rinse a sole trader but, offer a settlement to the big corporates :thumbdown:

I agree with Greb - I'd lie to keep the missus out of it and, take a bit of time rather than give them a penny.

Just now, Jonjon79 said:

Yes, I agree - it definitely looks like they've gone for an easy target - the same way those scumbags at HMRC will completely rinse a sole trader but, offer a settlement to the big corporates :thumbdown:

I agree with Greb - I'd lie to keep the missus out of it and, take a bit of time rather than give them a penny.

Did they do a rent and rates holiday over there for Covid mate ?

T j Hughes in Middlesbrough has closed down but from the start of lockdown they ended up with a £60,000 fine because they weren’t essential.but the £60,000 was 2 £30,000 fines because they kept opening up.

17 minutes ago, WILF said:

Did they do a rent and rates holiday over there for Covid mate ?

Yes, sort of - they offered 'payment holidays' (sounds lovely doesn't it?) on things like mortgage, some rents, council tax and a few other bits but, it all has to be paid still so, all they really did was offer those who are most at need, a way into arrears and debt.

I suppose, at best, it offered some breathing space but, people will feel the impact later.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

think theyre trying to make an example because they where very open on social about not giving a f**k about restrictions

• Like 1

Had a mooch round Manchester yesterday afternoon and found myself walking down cheetam hill. Now for those who don't know that area is called fake street because of all the shops selling fake and knock off gear. Shop after shop with steel plated doors selling fake designer clothes, piles of it. No masks, no social distancing, the spotters outside the shops all openly smoking weed. The police raid the whole street once a year and confiscate an Arctic wagon of stuff in front of the media cameras in a planned and advertised raid. 2 days later its all back open. 

Now try, as a white British person, selling some pirate dvds on a car boot sale and see how long you last ?

It's fckin mental. Some people are targets in this world, some people can carry on with impunity. 

I think I'm becoming a conspiracy theorist it's so blatant 

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I think I'm becoming a conspiracy theorist it's so blatant 

Not at all mate, it’s just a hard thing to accept the unbelievable…..our brains just ain’t wired to cope with stuff so illogical. 
But hey, there it is, right in front of your eyes and it’s in every layer of British life.

10 minutes ago, WILF said:

Not at all mate, it’s just a hard thing to accept the unbelievable…..our brains just ain’t wired to cope with stuff so illogical. 
But hey, there it is, right in front of your eyes and it’s in every layer of British life.

I know it's off the subject but... 

Afghanistan produces 95% of all the opium used in the world's heroin. Now in the last 10 years America and Britain had 100,000 soldiers in Afghanistan. Are we really convinced that all these soldiers, with satellites that can read car reg's and drones that can put a missile through a front door, couldnt stop the Afghanistan farmers from growing poppies? Big fck off red fields full of poppies! Surely a bunch of the world's main powers could say, yeah, let's combine forces and just stop it! 50% plus of all our burgalry and robbery is linked to heroin, and the world's powers could stop it tomorrow... 

.....but yeah let's give an employer, atax paying business a massive fine. Cos covid innit 

Just been ranting and raving to a friend, in email, about Damien le Bar's " The Stopping Places ". Absolutely the Most fukking depressing thing I've ever read. Because it blatantly confirms what I've tried to deny, for years now.

The game's fukked :(

1 minute ago, DIDO.1 said:

I know it's off the subject but... 

Afghanistan produces 95% of all the opium used in the world's heroin. Now in the last 10 years America and Britain had 100,000 soldiers in Afghanistan. Are we really convinced that all these soldiers, with satellites that can read car reg's and drones that can put a missile through a front door, couldnt stop the Afghanistan farmers from growing poppies? Big fck off red fields full of poppies! Surely a bunch of the world's main powers could say, yeah, let's combine forces and just stop it! 50% plus of all our burgalry and robbery is linked to heroin, and the world's powers could stop it tomorrow... 

.....but yeah let's give an employer, atax paying business a massive fine. Cos covid innit 

The bottom line is, they can’t afford to stop them farming opium because there is nothing to replace it with.

Taking away their income opens a whole lot of doors to a whole lot of people, nah, easier to let us deal with the problems and degradation mate.

6 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Just been ranting and raving to a friend, in email, about Damien le Bar's " The Stopping Places ". Absolutely the Most fukking depressing thing I've ever read. Because it blatantly confirms what I've tried to deny, for years now.

The game's fukked :(

I just looked that up and I may get that.

What didn’t you like about it if I may ask ? ?

• Like 1

Wilf; I honestly wouldn't knows where to begin, mate. And I'd probably never be able to stop!

Please DO get it! I wish every man, woman and child in the country would read it!

I have it on Kindle and Audible. If there's any way I can pass that around? I'm an open door!

It's broke my heart. Shoved the reality right in my face. The lad's plenty young enough to be my son. And he's talking to his Great Granma. Would have been my Gran then.

I've been out of the loop for, practically, a generation now. He's Met the generation. I'm gutted :(

• Like 1