Feral traits.

My first lurcher was a wild one and showed feral traits for stealing food of any kind and later attacking sheep and almost any livestock but only if you wernt looking or near to him. The only things he couldnt catch were rabbits? but if I were living wild I think Id go for mutton, its easier to catch and a lot more meat. He would always escape if he could and go off for days at a time. Never came back thin but he always did come back until one time he didnt, and that was that, and uphill ever since.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

During my years of keeping working dog’s I’ve noticed that those that show ‘feral’ traits from a young age tend to make the better workers.  things like burying bits of food even when eating with th

its hardly surprising is it....i mean look at the owner.....your pretty feral looking fooker ya self ken   

They are the ones that taught me hunting.

2 hours ago, jeemes said:

My first lurcher was a wild one and showed feral traits for stealing food of any kind and later attacking sheep and almost any livestock but only if you wernt looking or near to him. The only things he couldnt catch were rabbits? but if I were living wild I think Id go for mutton, its easier to catch and a lot more meat. He would always escape if he could and go off for days at a time. Never came back thin but he always did come back until one time he didnt, and that was that, and uphill ever since.

I think that dog may have thrown back a bit too far mate, lol.

• Haha 3
17 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I think that dog may have thrown back a bit too far mate, lol.

? and sheep easier to catch because there fenced in ? uk don’t have any wild sheep 

I’d go for mutton easier and more meat? ? 

best post I seen in ages ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, jeemes said:

My first lurcher was a wild one and showed feral traits for stealing food of any kind and later attacking sheep and almost any livestock but only if you wernt looking or near to him. The only things he couldnt catch were rabbits? but if I were living wild I think Id go for mutton, its easier to catch and a lot more meat. He would always escape if he could and go off for days at a time. Never came back thin but he always did come back until one time he didnt, and that was that, and uphill ever 

If I was living wild mutton be top of the list ,why run something that taxes your body .

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

If I was living wild mutton be top of the list ,why run something that taxes your body .

There'd be a few on here be over taxed to catch a sheep...they'd have to throw themselves out of the window of the scooby?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 07/07/2021 at 12:38, socks said:

During my years of keeping working dog’s I’ve noticed that those that show ‘feral’ traits from a young age tend to make the better workers. 
things like burying bits of food even when eating with their litter mates, padding their beds down and happily crawling into dark tight spots to sleep, instinctively grabbing anything that go past them, they have that instinct to hunt and kill from a very young age, naturally gravitate towards you as the alpha and want to please you and be around you. 
these are just a few things and obviously other pups will display some of these traits but in general the I have found that ones with that wild dingo wolf way about them invariably make the better workers. 

Interesting observation?

• Like 1
14 hours ago, jeemes said:

On the serious side the dog probably was highly intelligent as well but when they detach that far from the owner they are just wolves and worse than useless to us.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

I bet you can devour an extended length of mcvitie's digestives both pre and post lamping excursion and no mistake

If there chocolatee were in mate 

• Like 1

when i was in my teens my mate had an aslation only had one eye major its name was....say my mates it just cut about with all off us was feral as anything...now we where upto no good every night this big dog came everywhere with us its been involved in more turns than anyone i no never had a collar or leash round its neck in its puff fed scraps out chip shops and whatever it got from us or mooched but was shining like a new pin...my mates aunt eventually took him in an he spent the rest his days laying watching the doos i think about that big dog often more like a pall than a dog 

• Like 4