The Old And The Young !

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nancy, 8 weeks old, and Lima, 12 years old, relaxing in the man cave; Both first cross deer/grey. Cheers.

Bit of de ja vu, Lima and Tango, 12 years ago; Nancy and Lima this morning; Cheers.  

Growing so quick ! Cheers.

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

My old bitch Lima;

IMG_0251.JPG.f1f38b9c96e85057c995cf34e7d7f3e3.JPG

Cheers.

I’ve always fancied a deerhound greyhound xbeddie greyhound and the only 1 I’ve seen was a lad from Sunderland you will of seen the same dog and I think you call him Paul.And I knew he worked him hard but that was a good few years ago chats but I can guarantee you will know who I’m on about if you seen him.

6 minutes ago, lurchers said:

My last one was this bitch out of John slacks 

6AA86097-95C8-4401-A3E4-6DED7933D6B8.png

I'm never sure if it was Johns or Rupert wife or mother that I used to see and talk to at shows. She allways had an old deerhound cross with her.

Didnt they run them in comps around Selby and Drax ?

Cheers.

5 minutes ago, lurchers said:

I’ve always fancied a deerhound greyhound xbeddie greyhound and the only 1 I’ve seen was a lad from Sunderland you will of seen the same dog and I think you call him Paul.And I knew he worked him hard but that was a good few years ago chats but I can guarantee you will know who I’m on about if you seen him.

I'll allways regret not breeding from that bitch, but she worked every season until she was ten.

Thinking about it now, I should have put her to Northernlites Bruce, a 3/8 5/8 Beddy grey, or perhaps a non-ped Whippet grey.

To late now, she's past 12 and lies about the yard and has a walk out every day with the other dogs, and I pray she doesn't see anything to run ! 

Cheers.

16 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I'm never sure if it was Johns or Rupert wife or mother that I used to see and talk to at shows. She allways had an old deerhound cross with her.

Didnt they run them in comps around Selby and Drax ?

Cheers.

If I remember right the pic you put up of a show there was Ruperts wife stud with the dog,it’s a shame you didn’t mate but like us all we regret it,John is into his saluki xs now as he couldn’t get a deerhound x what he needed to keep the stamp he had going.I think Bruce of a whippet would of been a good choice for you and would of been a nice thing to watch.I know David who bred Andy’s pup on here is trying his dampest to keep a good strain of deerhound xs going as he loves the breed to and put the whippet over his 1stx just to bring the size down the same reason I did with that smaller bitch in that pic.

• Like 1