Running dogs.

As a youth I used to be mad keen for ferreting with old lurcher jess taught me alot about dogs marking holes and stuff then I got a russell and she was just a rabbiting dog but once i had my 1st lamping trip it was like being in another world I got the bug and that's all i ever wanted to do but if I'm honest all aspects of lurcher work I enjoy bushing I've had great times with especially when you hit a good spot ?

• Like 3

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Daytime mooching moors or reed beds or bolting for the dogs  

Hill , hill and more hill , out day time hunting can’t beat it ! I do a little bit of lamping and bushing but my true game is the hill ! 

Done all kinds of lamping with lurchers from the 70’s but for the past few years I’ve found it boring , I think I went 3 times last season even tho I’ve got a lot land I can lamp all over Yorkshire. I

Posted Images

It has to be daytime woodland hunting for me, you never know what’s tucked up in a wood till the dog pushes it out ?, saying that.. I can’t wait to start this pup on the lamp and get a few catches under his belt.

F35ADD13-8973-4325-B26E-D7759CE0E015.jpeg

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

It has to be daytime woodland hunting for me, you never know what’s tucked up in a wood till the dog pushes it out ?, saying that.. I can’t wait to start this pup on the lamp and get a few catches under his belt.

F35ADD13-8973-4325-B26E-D7759CE0E015.jpeg

He’s a big lad 

Still really enjoy a morning ferreting. Dog or not., tucked away in a wood with a few nets and the big hob sadly only manage a handful of these days a season due to the fact there’s just not the ground for it here and I much prefer to try save some for the dog to have a go at and tend to clear a few up back end of season with the ferret