Another one bites the dust

4 hours ago, Arry said:

Had another bugger today. Can't understand where they are coming from. 

Cheers Arry

I shot 5 the other week, then seen one last week inside my squirrel proof bird feeder lol 

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Number 17 from my garden. Bloody things trash the feeders. 

Hung the bird feeders on foot long wires thats f****d them up. Watch one for ages few days ago it could not figure how to get to them. Started to feed under the feeders on the waste so set cage traps again. Thought was just an odd one but this is two in three days. Can't understand where they are all coming from unless they are moving in from fields about half a mile away. Hardly any acorns this year and not that many Hazel nuts so maybe hunger is forcing them in, they seem fat enough though. Iv'e never known so many as this year.

IMG_4604.JPG.7363b38778efe002004a5acf80da1593.JPG

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Deker said:

Thanks for that, just looked them up, I think that seems worth a try!

They are very good. Very robust and a very strong killer spring. Just bait it with a bit of peanut butter. Although mine not catching at the moment, with all the natural grub about. 

13 hours ago, jeemes said:

They are very good. Very robust and a very strong killer spring. Just bait it with a bit of peanut butter. Although mine not catching at the moment, with all the natural grub about. 

I've used, and still use all sorts of traps, but for squirrel on trees etc I've been using Kania with tunnel, must be about 10 years I've been using them and it still frightens me when I set them!  They can also be difficult to set when nailed to a tree and you're at the top of a ladder.

These are about half the price of a kania/tunnel and seem to be a bit lighter as well, like I say, worth a try!

:thumbs: