Sprockers/Cockers

Hi, I lost my little Sprocker bitch is September last year as she had terrible arthritis in her front paw.  I have been searching for nearly a year now for another, good working lines as will be used for picking up and must be docked etc...  I am absolutely shocked that 2k is now the going price, I paid £250 for my bitch in 2013.... Do you think the prices are here to stay or do you think if I am patient they will drop?  Cheers :)

14 hours ago, Cartridge_Gal said:

Hi, I lost my little Sprocker bitch is September last year as she had terrible arthritis in her front paw.  I have been searching for nearly a year now for another, good working lines as will be used for picking up and must be docked etc...  I am absolutely shocked that 2k is now the going price, I paid £250 for my bitch in 2013.... Do you think the prices are here to stay or do you think if I am patient they will drop?  Cheers :)

I breed Sprockers FTCh  sired and dams sire is Ftaw. They’re a great stamp of dog. I currently have a litter due and only breed when I want a new dog in the team. I believe prices will level out between £1000 and £1500 but I always argue what’s the equivalent of £100 per average year 

• Like 1
On 05/07/2021 at 22:10, Shane1973 said:

I breed Sprockers FTCh  sired and dams sire is Ftaw. They’re a great stamp of dog. I currently have a litter due and only breed when I want a new dog in the team. I believe prices will level out between £1000 and £1500 but I always argue what’s the equivalent of £100 per average year 

I think £1000 is reasonable for a good FTCh Sprocker but I think £2000 is very unrealistic especially when most people have not had pay rises etc but I guess it all comes down to what people are willing to pay. Thanks for your reply... and hope they do start to drop in the near future.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/07/2021 at 20:10, Cartridge_Gal said:

I think £1000 is reasonable for a good FTCh Sprocker but I think £2000 is very unrealistic especially when most people have not had pay rises etc but I guess it all comes down to what people are willing to pay. Thanks for your reply... and hope they do start to drop in the near future.

No such thing as a FTCH Sprocker ... unless you believe the rumours about one of the big names :D 

• 1 month later...
On 28/07/2021 at 17:48, Lloyd90 said:

No such thing as a FTCH Sprocker ... unless you believe the rumours about one of the big names :D 

I've got a ten month old kc registered cocker from the lines I think you're talking about, the springer is glaring right out of her in both looks and attitude.

On 05/09/2021 at 10:52, mackay said:

I've got a ten month old kc registered cocker from the lines I think you're talking about, the springer is glaring right out of her in both looks and attitude.

I've never had a cocker myself, what sort of differences can you see? Interesting to know :) 

Regardless, are you happy with the dog?