3/8 5/8 bull greyhound

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And while we are at it mr expert .... Heres a 3/8 bull 5/8 whippet ......

????    

Fair play, bet it's warm in the suit in this weather ?  

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Gospel said:

They all look fast good killers early season mate ? ?

your type usually packed away come november haven’t got that relentless mindset just tuck the tail come back ? 

I’m not a lurcher man, never will be, got one and that’ll do me, ive not got a type, aslong as it does that task at hand.  I know plenty boys with all different types to suit what they do mate, but they don’t slate other men’s crosses, they use what’s useful for the job they do. I’ve never heard one of them coming out with the shite you do and never expect them to because they are honest dog men. ?? 

• Like 5

Not many genuine bull greyhounds of any type being bred now most of what you see advertised is scatter bred shite with bits of everything in there. The real stuff is usually well grafted and pups spoken for before they are born. Never seen a proper first x for a while , all big mastiff looking things people are using for how they look other than what they can do. A 5/8 3/8 is a great cross if they take the right shape, seen a few over the years 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Jude said:

Not many genuine bull greyhounds of any type being bred now most of what you see advertised is scatter bred shite with bits of everything in there. The real stuff is usually well grafted and pups spoken for before they are born. Never seen a proper first x for a while , all big mastiff looking things people are using for how they look other than what they can do. A 5/8 3/8 is a great cross if they take the right shape, seen a few over the years 

seen few nice 2nd gen 1xs over the years, not over heavy,  when you got base blood both sides with the grey , you can really never really tell, what gene will throw the strongest. But the pit always seems to be dominant gene , even at a 1/4 .! 

8 minutes ago, bird said:

seen few nice 2nd gen 1xs over the years, not over heavy,  when you got base blood both sides with the grey , you can really never really tell, what gene will throw the strongest. But the pit always seems to be dominant gene , even at a 1/4 .! 

I have a second generation half cross myself just now, he’s took a better shape than both parents and slightly taller aswell, will see if hes still got the raw materials this season 

My brother will be breeding a litter but won't be till next summer if you wanna wait for something with decent breeding. My brothers bitch is out of my old blue dogs daughter (inka) I think there's one or two lads on here with a pup or 2 off her and we put my dogs belly brother to her.. So uncle to neice is what the dam to pups will be and she's been put to a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 bull he's also out of my blue dog so will be line bred and nothing but game bred bulldogs in there make up. My brother wants to go one more season with her before he breeds her but should be a pup or 2 spare if she has a big litter 

Edited by fenman1#
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Jude said:

I have a second generation half cross myself just now, he’s took a better shape than both parents and slightly taller aswell, will see if hes still got the raw materials this season 

i can believe it mate, the ones i seen were25-26in  76-70lb there abouts  and thats not over big dogs, but plenty big enough to tackle anything in the lamp or out with terriers  , i like drop of pit in any lurcher .

Just now, bird said:

i can believe it mate, the ones i seen were25-26in  65-70lb there abouts  and thats not over big dogs, but plenty big enough to tackle anything in the lamp or out with terriers  , i like drop of pit in any lurcher .  bloody  key pad lol

The genuine article is still around,...I saw one only recently...?

However,..back in the 80s, there was a few nice American Pits locally,..they were mostly chocolate in colour, and said to be from the Mayfield  lines? 

I never paid much attention to these animals,..not because they weren't to my taste, ..they most certainly were. Indeed, as a type of canine,..I found them amazingly beautiful and obviously functional.?

Facts were, I did not find their owners palatable....they were not to my taste, and I was probably not to theirs.?

Anyway, these types have always remained in the same hands, and I have watched them improve over the decades.. When I say improve, I do not mean as purist battle dogs, but as an essential ingredient in a specific style of lurcher....

Yep, I like them,...I like them a lot.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 5
7 hours ago, BIG TRG said:

I’m not a lurcher man, never will be, got one and that’ll do me, ive not got a type, aslong as it does that task at hand.  I know plenty boys with all different types to suit what they do mate, but they don’t slate other men’s crosses, they use what’s useful for the job they do. I’ve never heard one of them coming out with the shite you do and never expect them to because they are honest dog men. ?? 

You mean like saying fluffy plodder etc ? 

gets laughed off because honest dog men no better ? 

were stuff I say can’t be laughed off because been honest you know I’m right ?

1 hour ago, bird said:

i can believe it mate, the ones i seen were25-26in  76-70lb there abouts  and thats not over big dogs, but plenty big enough to tackle anything in the lamp or out with terriers  , i like drop of pit in any lurcher .

Yep they bring a lot more to the table than the only thing people give them credit for