Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Any suggestions for a two man campsite/ occasional backpacking tent?? Pitch as one would be nice.. easy set up.. 3 season job. No stupid colours. Any suggestions gaylords??

One of the Vango tents might suit you mate, I got a canny Lichfield tent from Argos once very cheap, but a very good three person tent

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Any suggestions for a two man campsite/ occasional backpacking tent?? Pitch as one would be nice.. easy set up.. 3 season job. No stupid colours. Any suggestions gaylords??

Look at naturehike,  good quality budget tents. Lots of designs and loads and loads of reviews on YouTube ect 

• Like 1

So long as space and weight aren't an issue you cant beat a canvas tent with wood stove for portable winter camping. I have stayed out for up to a week a few times in temps down to the minus 30s and loved it.

20191109_112005.jpg

20201231_175430.jpg

20201231_183825.jpg

• Like 12

Here is a few pics of my mates  cabin where we hunt, we put it up at the start of season and take down in December, 3 layers of tarp for the roof with clear plastic 2 layer windows, way more room and comfort. Chairs, mattresses, woodstove, pans and rest of gear with little value is stashed in a locked shed through the year to save carting it in and out. His old man built it in the 80s. Miles from anywhere and quad / Argo/ snowmachine only to get to. Again stayed in this for up to a week to minus 30s with no problems.

20211128_122725.jpg

20211024_105929.jpg

Edited by gazjon5
  • Like 5
8 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Naturehike Cloudpeak 2 

Absolute quality tent, £180 

2 doors/porches

Its a rip off of the Hilleberg Allak which is more than £1k…

1C469295-547F-403D-9B9C-CDD1915AE14E.jpeg

A472EF45-42DB-48FA-B61F-78F197F83354.jpeg

• Like 4

Took my lad camping the other week, farmers chickens have been getting snatched.. took him to a copse bout 1/2 mile from farm and let him take his 410 as said bandit would be close do between two houses!

he didn’t find the culprit but smashed a woody that he couldn’t find in the overgrown copse.. but he found the remains of palmers chickens and some cubs. 
 Was a great night doing it again this weekend :)

F77A4214-73E5-419D-A587-3C824D2DEB55.jpeg.cd48be6217cce128bac21db75921ad80.jpeg26AE2EC1-141B-4B79-A4CA-FC33894B0E51.jpeg.f010cecf780b68ed1d1de67bc8501ba9.jpegA894CFA1-0BBB-4C0B-9266-C0F9B265A951.jpeg.73cb0157bf80b2d47ef5fa3a748e137d.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...