Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

A little tip I'd thought I would try out for anybody wild camping bushcraftin or cooking outside. When I went under tarp last night my burgers made an awful mess in frying pan. So I thought I would try baking paper in the pan. Got some baking paper from pound shop for guess what a pound lol. Drew round base of my frying pan and cut out and just a touch of oil on top. Sausages never stuck once , cooked evenly. When finished just chucked paper and a quick wipe with a bit of paper towel. Makes washing the pan out ten times easier when up on moors and limited water supply. Costs pence and is ultralight . Proper chuffed with that lol. Will make the old aluminium trangia frying pan a doddle to use. Try it fellas.

20211229_055808.jpg

20211229_055759.jpg

20211229_054641.jpg

20211229_054609.jpg

20211229_054554.jpg

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

A little tip I'd thought I would try out for anybody wild camping bushcraftin or cooking outside. When I went under tarp last night my burgers made an awful mess in frying pan. So I thought I would try baking paper in the pan. Got some baking paper from pound shop for guess what a pound lol. Drew round base of my frying pan and cut out and just a touch of oil on top. Sausages never stuck once , cooked evenly. When finished just chucked paper and a quick wipe with a bit of paper towel. Makes washing the pan out ten times easier when up on moors and limited water supply. Costs pence and is ultralight . Proper chuffed with that lol. Will make the old aluminium trangia frying pan a doddle to use. Try it fellas.

20211229_055808.jpg

20211229_055759.jpg

20211229_054641.jpg

20211229_054609.jpg

20211229_054554.jpg

That Flora Lighter box looks just the right size to contain a block of finest beef dripping  ?

• Haha 2

Got the holdall packed ready for off in the morning20211231_132759_resize_83.jpg.515616522344396fe1f7a34178d38687.jpg

We just take the bare minimum. Two rods, two reels, bike, bbq..       

20211231_132820_resize_78.jpg.ab32dfa3395240c8efd8bf1fd8b380e6.jpg

All food is sourced locally. I found these nan breads and curry paste in the freezer.

20211231_140448_resize_29.jpg.8582e3286d28d55be10f779e078c98eb.jpg

Question is; are three pairs of undercrackers enough for a fortnight?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I'm planning an overnighter at the beach on Sunday for my birthday...load up the motorhome and away?

I'll be heading down to the Rio Ter for a spot of mullet fishing. The river is full of them

880362213_RioTerMullet1.jpg.62e3d581e08ca3c43b693163bc63f8d3.jpg

1871759327_Mulletunderraft.jpg.d319f03dc2d395e07edd17bd1cb4cecb.jpg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

I will be heading down to the Costa del Trecco bay....where I'm sure I will catch plenty of dogfish ??

Aren't there any turbot down that way? I used to fish for them near Newport, albeit in summer. 

3 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Aren't there any turbot down that way? I used to fish for them near Newport, albeit in summer. 

Sea fishing is all new to me,been catching rays,Huss,smooth hounds,dogfish,odd bass,small eel's. ..try for cod is the plan?

5 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

There's some about there in the summer. Its a bit better further west, Sker rocks and onto Morfa beach IMO.

7 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

• Thanks 1
Just now, Daniel cain said:

Sea fishing is all new to me,been catching rays,Huss,smooth hounds,dogfish,odd bass,small eel's. ..try for cod is the plan?

Use the eels as bait. Whole or in sections. Everything takes eels. I buy 2 kilos of sand eels when they are available in the supermarket. Split them up and vac pack them for the freezer. 

Beach fishing is like barbel fishing. Cast out and wait for the rod to bend ?

• Like 1