Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

5 minutes ago, TOMO said:

them pics above are the next day ...the other side of snowdon. ..it's a steeper way up...about a 1/4 way up there are these crystal clear pools 10 feet deep maybe more...my Mrs is right in to cold water swimming. ..so in she went

Fair play to her mate..could you see any trout in them pools..

Used to take the 3 lads river swimming..they would spend hrs lying on a body board using a diving mask watching the trout..give them 1 of them little bean pole nets to hold below the board..could never catch 1 though lol..the wife would  be doing a bbq..I'm sure them trout could smell the bbq and knew there fate lol

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, king said:

Fair play to her mate..could you see any trout in them pools..

Used to take the 3 lads river swimming..they would spend hrs lying on a body board using a diving mask watching the trout..give them 1 of them little bean pole nets to hold below the board..could never catch 1 though lol..the wife would  be doing a bbq..I'm sure them trout could smell the bbq and knew there fate lol

no mate I don't think there's fish in them...I could be wrong....but there's no vegetation around or in the water. ..so them pools looked a bit lifeless. ...you could see right to the bottom and it must be 10 feet deep or more

5 minutes ago, TOMO said:

no mate I don't think there's fish in them...I could be wrong....but there's no vegetation around or in the water. ..so them pools looked a bit lifeless. ...you could see right to the bottom and it must be 10 feet deep or more

You would struggle to get cleaner water than that I bet mate..

You been to barmouth only about an hours drive from there.some nice camping sites there mate..small walk across the train track and onto the beach.

7 minutes ago, king said:

You would struggle to get cleaner water than that I bet mate..

You been to barmouth only about an hours drive from there.some nice camping sites there mate..small walk across the train track and onto the beach.

no mate...never really been out that way before. ..but it is a lovely part of world...that we both would like to see more of

9 minutes ago, TOMO said:

no mate...never really been out that way before. ..but it is a lovely part of world...that we both would like to see more of

It is a lovely place mate..here's a little drone video on YouTube of barmouth..cracking sunsets there aswell..the camp sites are up the coast about a mile..walk for hrs on them beaches..

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

20200831_145019.jpg

20200831_153602.jpg

20200831_151929.jpg

Looks proper grand that mate!  Nice when it's clear too so you can take the views in.. looks like you dropped on there. Which route did you take up?? You can see the 'Whatkin' path in the bottom pic you put up there.. I went up on that last year with my mate 'Tackleberry'. That will be the steeper way that you mentioned.. over on the west side.. a decent enough slog up. I'll have a look for some pics later.. ?

7 hours ago, zandy01 said:

Looks a good little leg stretch that @Bush Rummager , make sure you take and post some pics up ?

Here you go mate. I didn't take many to be honest. Did a few detours.. blew the cobwebs off up on the hill and had a good laugh with my sister and father. She was asking me if we'd see any 'snow bunnies' up there!! and a Raven flew over honking later on she's says "ooow.. a pig crow" ffs.. She sometimes goes into teacher mode though like she's guiding a load of teenagers out on Duke of Edinburgh trip!! Lol.. Quality morning though and pub dinner. Happy day's eh!!

20230129_092320-01_copy_2016x1512.jpg.672dadf3ff0d98238c70600ac4aba8c2.jpg20230129_092656-02_copy_2016x1512.jpg.9023711e9344bf7b0d08025ccb60b8e0.jpg20230129_102755-01_copy_2016x1512.jpg.f5353a911acd7e7a0f0fee37e68df4ee.jpg20230129_113903-01_copy_2016x1512.jpg.cd75dfe07be2b50342802a4b1931c74a.jpg

20230129_132033-01_copy_1512x2016.jpg.a3276f66986bd2e12222b117f5226256.jpgA good few camping spots up there too.. further up and well out of the way.. ?

• Like 12
20 hours ago, TOMO said:

Deffo the first one me....20 year old...went up helvellyn middle of summer...20.c in the campsite at Glenridding. ...so of course I went up in shorts and a rugby top...f**k me I was freezing at the top

My godfather who introduced me to YHA walking died of a heart attack on Hellveyn. R.I.P. Uncle Brian.

D.

• Sad 2
On 04/07/2021 at 21:20, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Waterproof the works is key 

good ortelib bags into all your kit with stuff double bagged individually. 

ain to spend about 150 on compression sacks . Worth it as opposed to getting caught short in a thunderstorm 

bergan 

4 season sleep ping system 

bag liner 

travel pillow 

self inflating mattress 

jet boil with gas 

spare lighter

1:50000 map

map case 

compass with protective case made of foam 

head torch / aaa batteries taped and waterproofed 

Camelback water system / puritabs 

first aid kit ncluding replellant and sun cream bandage tiger balm painkillers needle 

Warm hat 

Warm gloves 

sun hat 

ponncho 

bungee cords 

basha poles 

tent pegs 

spare torch 

leather mans 

Foot powder opened into a compression bag 

spare socks including gortex 

lightweight down jacket 

lightweight water proof jacket 

spare undies 

spare boot laces 

polish 

Butt plug

Baby wipes 

travel shampoo 

canoe shoes 

metal flask 

Nice one

8 hours ago, zandy01 said:

Looks like you all had a belting day out @Bush Rummager ?

We did mate. Will be planning a few more of those and upping the mileage and elevation for the old boy! He was blowing a fair bit after the steps at the side of the Dam.. we'd only been out of the car for 10 minutes so definitely room for improvement on the fitness front. He's walks every day 4/5 miles but it's pretty much all flat!

• Like 2