Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

1 minute ago, TOMO said:

kerosene cheeper as well....cheaper than red as well...

but thats a good point about the possibility of things going wrong with a heater.....not much i would think can go wrong with a stove...just have it fitted correctly ....and as you say you could heat it for free for the amount you would use in van...bow saw and an axe ...  

Got one in my dining room I fitted myself. In that cold spell before Xmas my boiler packed inn. I had no heating or hot water for 5 days and my log burner saved the day . And as greyman said free fuel if you know we're to look lol 

20221207_163948.jpg

• Like 4

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Agree mate I very rarely use my heating as my little wood stove keeps the boat around 25 degrees and it’s around 500 square foot to warm  and unless it’s absolutely freezing I usually have a door or window open as well, but it is pretty maintenance free and free heat if you can be bothered to pick up your own wood, I see a lot of those diesel heaters playing up or packing up when people need them most, seems they go for a couple of years then you get problems, another thing people do is fit a small tank and run them on kerosene as it burns hotter and cleaner than diesel and they seem to last a lot longer on it ?

main problem with the chink heater is people not servicing them or trying to run them on used engine oil/ waste veg oil. they will run on different oil but you will be cleaning/servicing them more.

run them on diesel or kerosene and there pretty much problem free. think i paid £80 for the one i have and was money well spent.

Greyman is correct.

a Carbon monoxide detector is a must.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

One thing I would say and really strongly recommend is no matter what heat source you go for make sure you put a carbon monoxide detector in the back as it takes no time in a small space to be overcome, and the last thing anyone needs is to wake up dead ????

For sure mate goes without saying, totally agree 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Leo Sayer said:

I quite fancy this van life crack. Just me and the dog and catty and a bit of mooching about and staying the night. 

deffo beter than a tent ...or trying to kip in the car..

53 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

I quite fancy this van life crack. Just me and the dog and catty and a bit of mooching about and staying the night. 

We have loads of them round here it’s like a small moving community, they park in a lay-by ,yard or car park but move every couple of days to keep off grid, I see them parked up by me about once a month, I think they must use the canal facility’s, like water points, bins and showers as they never go far just move a mile or so along the canal park up then repeat but it’s always the same vans??

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

We have loads of them round here it’s like a small moving community, they park in a lay-by ,yard or car park but move every couple of days to keep off grid, I see them parked up by me about once a month, I think they must use the canal facility’s, like water points, bins and showers as they never go far just move a mile or so along the canal park up then repeat but it’s always the same vans??

Bristol has big community due to high property rents ?

12 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Got one in my dining room I fitted myself. In that cold spell before Xmas my boiler packed inn. I had no heating or hot water for 5 days and my log burner saved the day . And as greyman said free fuel if you know we're to look lol 

20221207_163948.jpg

Are they max4 advantage crocs?

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, terryd said:

So people living in vans full time ? 

There’s a costal Rd round the foot of Scarborough castle, there’s vans there all the time since the covid crap ,been loads this Christmas and mad fcukers in tents at the bottom of the cliffs even when we had the snow few weeks back?

4 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Yeah Terry, it seems very popular,  well from what I've seen on YouTube ect 

10 minutes ago, si brown said:

There’s a costal Rd round the foot of Scarborough castle, there’s vans there all the time since the covid crap ,been loads this Christmas and mad fcukers in tents at the bottom of the cliffs even when we had the snow few weeks back?

I guess with the current housing situation at the moment its pushing people into it maybe. My daughter wanted to move house a rental and every property there was huge competition it was like a lottery. She did find some where in the end. I can't imagine the logistics of it though going to work 8 hours a day and keeping clean plus pets would be nigh on impossible unless your loaded and just choose to do it

10 hours ago, terryd said:

So people living in vans full time ? 

yes...and getting most of the free places you could park for a night or 2 locked at night and barriers you can't get under? because their dirty messy cnuts...same sorts that moan about any noise after 9 o'clock at night when on the proper sites? new breed of wankers since COVID started and they all bought vans ?

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, terryd said:

I guess with the current housing situation at the moment its pushing people into it maybe. My daughter wanted to move house a rental and every property there was huge competition it was like a lottery. She did find some where in the end. I can't imagine the logistics of it though going to work 8 hours a day and keeping clean plus pets would be nigh on impossible unless your loaded and just choose to do it

It’s a rough ride for the younger workers, my eldest and her bloke both work neither make good money and struggle like f.. I pinged her a top up last night so she could buy pack up grub?

unless your loaded or came here in a dingy your f’d with rental prices?

I keep telling them to take off and travel. 

• Like 3