Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

5 hours ago, hawki said:

what degree would be best from now until say feb or can you get an all in one jobby

I, ve used a British army 5 season sleeping bag for the last 30 years slept out in minus temps still only wearing my pants on many occasions, it is a mummy bag but I don’t find it restricts my legs like some do ??

• Like 4
48 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I, ve used a British army 5 season sleeping bag for the last 30 years slept out in minus temps still only wearing my pants on many occasions, it is a mummy bag but I don’t find it restricts my legs like some do ??

I had a German army one with a waterproof back, slèeves and a handy zip that meant you could have a crap without taking the whole thing off. Sadly it was one of the things that got lost when ae moved. It was ideal for night watching in the pheasant season. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

cracking sleeping bag iv had one years aswell keeps you toasty when others are moaning there cold...to warm in summer jan feb march pike fishing there the ticket

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

cracking sleeping bag iv had one years aswell keeps you toasty when others are moaning there cold...to warm in summer jan feb march pike fishing there the ticket

I just lay on top of it or underneath it when it’s warm use it all year round ??

1 minute ago, Greyman said:

I just lay on top of it or underneath it when it’s warm use it all year round ??

iv slept outside in summer in just that sleeping bag a few times was fishing loch tummell few weeks ago just rolled it out kipped under the stars an its still warm you got the one with waterprooff back ?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Aye that’s the one I’m sure, does it have zip across waist so you can tuck legs part up your back, an sleeves, good bit kit on a cold night fishing ?

Handy when you got to do a runner ? had the old waxed German job as a nipper??

9 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Aye that’s the one I’m sure, does it have zip across waist so you can tuck legs part up your back, an sleeves, good bit kit on a cold night fishing ?

Aye thats the one, have had it for years, used it for camping when away on the motorbike if the weather was decent didn't even pitch the tent. 

Sit drinking and smoking round the campfire and just tuck your legs in and zip it up and your in bed lol. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

I had a German army one with a waterproof back, slèeves and a handy zip that meant you could have a crap without taking the whole thing off. Sadly it was one of the things that got lost when ae moved. It was ideal for night watching in the pheasant season. 

Have you seen the Carinthia survival 1?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

Is this the one your talking about?? 

IMG_20210926_140224.jpg

Looks like the same as I had. They are a bit too bulky and heavy for hiking unless you were hiking back from the Russian Front in 1945 that is. Ideal for laying out in the woods waiting for poachers though. One of those and a poncho strung over it was ideal.

I had an American Army poncho made for rubberised material that is 100% waterproof, but not breathable so better as a tarp. A mouse got into my van a few years ago and ruined it. Last week I bought a job lot of fishing stuff and found an jdentical, as new, one in the bag. It is useful for when I'm fishing a long way from the car as it is lighter and more compact than a brolly. The poncho and a ball of nylon cord does the job.

• Like 1