Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

36 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Made a complete bollocks up of that Wilf ?....our site was at the very top of Windermere and after reading your post i had " The Queens Head " tucked away in the back of my mind so the day before we came back headed off to find it....." nice little village pub " i says....." not sure about the stunning views though ".......turns out we was in The Queens Head,Hawkshead....not The Queens Head,Troutbeck.....basically the opposite side of Lake Windermere !!.....anyway certainly a beautiful part of the country ive woken up in worse places than Coniston Water what a delightful setting at 7am.

Bit closer to home for this weeks mystery tour heading for the Norfolk Broads ?

No loss mate, Hawkshead is fantastic too so it’s all good.

Always next time as well ?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Made a complete bollocks up of that Wilf ?....our site was at the very top of Windermere and after reading your post i had " The Queens Head " tucked away in the back of my mind so the day before we came back headed off to find it....." nice little village pub " i says....." not sure about the stunning views though ".......turns out we was in The Queens Head,Hawkshead....not The Queens Head,Troutbeck.....basically the opposite side of Lake Windermere !!.....anyway certainly a beautiful part of the country ive woken up in worse places than Coniston Water what a delightful setting at 7am.

Bit closer to home for this weeks mystery tour heading for the Norfolk Broads ?

If you are still up in the lakes head over to Derwent, the top end, opposite Keswick where the river runs into the lake. Beautiful country and there's a really good pub/hotel that used to do amazing food. Also in Ambleside get yourself to Lake Road kitchen or the old stamp house ;) forest side hotel is also good if you want Michelin star food ;)

3 hours ago, Blackmag said:

It's decent scenery up there pity you don't fish nash are you getting use to the driving it now because there is some tight spots round there 

Yes im not too bad with it now mate i still try to avoid tight little lanes as much as possible but practise makes perfect and all that....i still find it off putting having the ol woman wandering about in the back making cups of tea while we're driving im not totally sure of the legalities to that but all in all its not going too bad this is by far the most driving ive done in years and must admit im quite enjoying it ?

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, mushroom said:

If you are still up in the lakes head over to Derwent, the top end, opposite Keswick where the river runs into the lake. Beautiful country and there's a really good pub/hotel that used to do amazing food. Also in Ambleside get yourself to Lake Road kitchen or the old stamp house ;) forest side hotel is also good if you want Michelin star food ;)

We're back down this end now mate though will be back up at some point as we met a smashing couple we're going to keep in touch with,surprised me actually as most northerners in my experience are right boring b*****ds ? but we had a good ol laugh with these they had a beautiful cottage not too far from Keswick a place called Matterdale on Lake Ulswater is it....we'll be back up to visit at some point so will put them few places in my notes,cheers :thumbs:

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

We're back down this end now mate though will be back up at some point as we met a smashing couple we're going to keep in touch with,surprised me actually as most northerners in my experience are right boring b*****ds ? but we had a good ol laugh with these they had a beautiful cottage not too far from Keswick a place called Matterdale on Lake Ulswater is it....we'll be back up to visit at some point so will put them few places in my notes,cheers :thumbs:

Only one lake in the Lakes mate.. Ullswater is a water ?

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Yes im not too bad with it now mate i still try to avoid tight little lanes as much as possible but practise makes perfect and all that....i still find it off putting having the ol woman wandering about in the back making cups of tea while we're driving im not totally sure of the legalities to that but all in all its not going too bad this is by far the most driving ive done in years and must admit im quite enjoying it ?

It's probably opened a lot of doors you normally wouldn't normally  bother with nash do you take the little plummer on any trips .You should do a tour up Scotland there's some stunning views up there I'm sure a few lads of here could point you in the right direction 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Blackmag said:

It's probably opened a lot of doors you normally wouldn't normally  bother with nash do you take the little plummer on any trips .You should do a tour up Scotland there's some stunning views up there I'm sure a few lads of here could point you in the right direction 

That little pricks long gone mate it would be safe to say things didnt quite work out with that young fella !....but yes we're doing a Scotland trip in a few weeks we're doing what they call in the motorhome/campervan world " The NC-500 "......which i thought was a race ?....but is infact a 520 odd mile scenic route around The Highlands a few people have told us about it so we'll take a week or so over it....i,ll have to stop all this f****n about once the footie season starts so will make it the finale of the motoring summer.....not sure we'll be doing all this once normal holidaying resumes but its been a good laugh and great seeing parts of the Uk in such a relaxed meandering type of way id recommend it :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 6
20 hours ago, mushroom said:

Only one lake in the Lakes mate.. Ullswater is a water ?

Oh no not another one i had this argument in that Queens Head pub ....id had a few so was on a bit of a talking jig debating the local worzels ?....we had quite a giggle actually i said i dont buy it and wanted a stewards inquiry about it then up pops this little Norris Mcwhirter type giving me all stats and facts about what the glaciers left behind and the flow rate differences between lakes,meres,waters.....i couldnt be doing with it and curred out quite quickly for me ?.....still f****d if i know what a " tarn " is i think he was making it up as he went along personally !

• Haha 3
27 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Oh no not another one i had this argument in that Queens Head pub ....id had a few so was on a bit of a talking jig debating the local worzels ?....we had quite a giggle actually i said i dont buy it and wanted a stewards inquiry about it then up pops this little Norris Mcwhirter type giving me all stats and facts about what the glaciers left behind and the flow rate differences between lakes,meres,waters.....i couldnt be doing with it and curred out quite quickly for me ?.....still f****d if i know what a " tarn " is i think he was making it up as he went along personally !

Tarn is a peaty hill lake mate 

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Didn’t want to wind up like Edward Woodward in the Wicker Man ! Lol ? 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

That little pricks long gone mate it would be safe to say things didnt quite work out with that young fella !....but yes we're doing a Scotland trip in a few weeks we're doing what they call in the motorhome/campervan world " The NC-500 "......which i thought was a race ?....but is infact a 520 odd mile scenic route around The Highlands a few people have told us about it so we'll take a week or so over it....i,ll have to stop all this f****n about once the footie season starts so will make it the finale of the motoring summer.....not sure we'll be doing all this once normal holidaying resumes but its been a good laugh and great seeing parts of the Uk in such a relaxed meandering type of way id recommend it :thumbs:

I don't think I could get along with a plummer certainly not work wise from I have seen or temperament .may be a grand finale to your tours this being last one . before the season may have you planning next year get away .have you any plans to take the motorhome to any away games or was that the plan from the start 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I don't think I could get along with a plummer certainly not work wise from I have seen or temperament .may be a grand finale to your tours this being last one . before the season may have you planning next year get away .have you any plans to take the motorhome to any away games or was that the plan from the start 

Certainly a new dimension to going away lol, great idea ???

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1