Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

5 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

No I don't. Cos I have a drip string at each end. The water that reaches the bottle ain't dirty. Its just rain water. ?

You can slow the creeping damp even more if you have a metal ring or karabiner at each end of your hammock and run your string off that. 

I have never trusted Karabinas since one broke when I was a kid on an indoor wall. I know it's ludicrous but I won't use them for security.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, mushroom said:

A mate of mine here bought a concept rucksack, it can fit 80ltrs and weights about 300gram, tbh I was very impressed with it but I prefer the security of a heavier pack that can be used without worry of splits or catching and ripping on a bush. Plus, if you slip on scree a more durable rucksack is gonna save you

You'll feel even safer if you stay inside the Landy.

Just now, Nicepix said:

You'll feel even safer if you stay inside the Landy.

f**k that lol I'm stomping through virgin bush to get to places no cnut has been or will go ?

It's so illegal here you have to be smart about it and everything around it ;) Plus you have to make sure you don't set the mountain range alight with a camp fire ?

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

We looked at a few  am the berghaus air 6was gonna win it till I checked that decathalon an then few folk I know who go to France where singing there praises so thought fcuk it, try it an see, kids an missus prob gonna say fcuk this we want a cabin again next year with wifi ??

I’m actually quite excited now I got over shock of driving all way down to get it but I’ll have W good nosey about an might even steal me bank card out wife’s purse before I go ?

Best thing ever made air tents mate. We were on a site in force 9 last year, half the tents on site destroyed and folks in there cars. Ours just moved with it. 

Also it's much easier with a leccy pump ?

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Best thing ever made air tents mate. We were on a site in force 9 last year, half the tents on site destroyed and folks in there cars. Ours just moved with it. 

Also it's much easier with a leccy pump ?

I have an amazing floating island, with a canopy... wouldn't even entertain it without an eleccy pump ?

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

In that case i might just buy a few pumps an keep kids happy ??

I did that to our Jess a couple years ago, tbf she was 17 lol. One of them cheap shit foot pumps ...

I said pump that up or ya sleeping in the sand, she instantly knew I wasn't pissing around... I went for a swim ?

• Haha 1
On 20/07/2021 at 17:27, low plains drifter said:

Rothbury's nice mate, I'm up there regularly, nice Riverside walk, and Simonside hills, and Cragside house with its gargantuan trees 

I sound like a feckin travel agent here lol, hope you enjoy it anyway

Thanks for that mate we was right near to Simonside Hills,lovely walk that was all that mauve heather stuff was in full bloom some really nice views along there.....Rothbury seemed like a nice little market town...then had a row with the ol woman in that Labyrinth thing at Cragside thought we was gonna need a rescue helicopter at one point what a nightmare ?.....apart from that had a nice pleasant peaceful time,nice area.....certainly beats York !....wouldnt go there again.

Anyway off to the Lake District end of the week Wilf reckons its good there ?

• Like 2

York is too crowded and tacky. But, if you drive from there towards Malton and Pickering to Whitby, or take the lesser known roads via Castle Howard and Rosedale you'll some of the most beautiful moorland scenery in the UK. Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay, Runswick Bay and Staithes are worth visiting. 

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Thanks for that mate we was right near to Simonside Hills,lovely walk that was all that mauve heather stuff was in full bloom some really nice views along there.....Rothbury seemed like a nice little market town...then had a row with the ol woman in that Labyrinth thing at Cragside thought we was gonna need a rescue helicopter at one point what a nightmare ?.....apart from that had a nice pleasant peaceful time,nice area.....certainly beats York !....wouldnt go there again.

Go to Troutbeck and have a nice bite to eat in the Queens Head, sit outside if the weather permits…..it’s stunning mate ;) 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

That's good to hear mate, I was up on Saturday for a couple of hours from about 8 pm, walk along the river side give the dogs a swim and it was still too hot lol 

IMG_20210724_210944.jpg

IMG_20210724_192939.jpg

IMG_20210724_204755.jpg