Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

7 minutes ago, WILF said:

If you see a medical giant in a donkey jacket and pit boots hide behind the old woman ! Lol ? ? 

If he wants to avoid the verbal lashings my ol ladies capable of he'd be as well hiding behind me ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

22 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Well its not quite camping i dont know if a motorhome counts but dragged our thing over the West country again for a few days ended up in a little place called Brean id never heard of it before......the thought of seeing folk wandering around Greece/Cyprus at the moment with masks/socially distanced/places closed etc just makes me depressed so was well pleased to find this pleasant bit of beech....and the mrs even agreed to go in goal,what more can you ask !....heading up towards the north east this week give that a go.

IMG_0167.jpg

Funny how places look amazing when the suns out..........Breans 20mins from me and I think its a shithole. If the tide stayed in for more than 10mins and the water was blue instead of chocolate brown it would be a bit better.

Watch out for the brummies they are every where (cant miss them they all wear football tops) and please dont try walking out too paddle another report on the local news of some pillock being dragged out of the mud by the RNLI will send me over the top ?    

25 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Funny how places look amazing when the suns out..........Breans 20mins from me and I think its a shithole. If the tide stayed in for more than 10mins and the water was blue instead of chocolate brown it would be a bit better.

Watch out for the brummies they are every where (cant miss them they all wear football tops) and please dont try walking out too paddle another report on the local news of some pillock being dragged out of the mud by the RNLI will send me over the top ?    

I grew up on council estates in East London mate....trust me Brean Beech in Somerset is better than Victoria Park Lido in Hackney ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I grew up on council estates in East London mate....trust me Brean Beech in Somerset is better than Victoria Park Lido in Hackney ?

Fair play, when I visit family in St Austell in Cornwall they cant get over how I love the place so I get it.

Good job you didnt stay in the Pontins, they had a local news special on it last year after the roof dropped on top a load people playing bingo and they found more bacteria around the sinks than in a covid petri dish. 

24 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Fair play, when I visit family in St Austell in Cornwall they cant get over how I love the place so I get it.

Good job you didnt stay in the Pontins, they had a local news special on it last year after the roof dropped on top a load people playing bingo and they found more bacteria around the sinks than in a covid petri dish. 

Nice,if your from that manor how do places like Ilfracombe/Woolacombe compare to further down Cornwall for beeches similar ?.....North Devon is about the only part we havent covered down there....obviously im only passing through so bound to be more to it but i thought Brean was nice enough though didnt venture out as far as the sea i could barely see it !

3 minutes ago, socks said:

Have you been down to the west coast yet gnash. Tenby Pembroke etc …….

No thats the trouble whenever i go to Wales its always from the middle - upwards i think Aberytswyth ( spelling ? ) is probably about the closest ive been that way....folk are often saying to venture south theres just so many places to see,i forget the name of it that whatsit peninsular always looks blindin in pictures i quite fancy that,maybe in a few weeks :thumbs:

8 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Nice,if your from that manor how do places like Ilfracombe/Woolacombe compare to further down Cornwall for beeches similar ?.....North Devon is about the only part we havent covered down there....obviously im only passing through so bound to be more to it but i thought Brean was nice enough though didnt venture out as far as the sea i could barely see it !

Im a little further down from Brean on the Bristol channel coast but originally from Bristol. Went to Ilfracombe last year and it looked run down a lot was shut because of covid and the weather was shite so that never helps. Woolacombe and Westward Ho both have a cracking beach and if your down that way the fishing villages like Clovelly are fantastic, lynton, lynmouth and Coombe Martin on the way are beautiful too but be warned though they are very very hilly if you walk it. The cliff railway at Lynton and Lynmouth are a experience and you can always get the land rover to take you up and down at Clovelly but then you miss walking through the cottages.       

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

No thats the trouble whenever i go to Wales its always from the middle - upwards i think Aberytswyth ( spelling ? ) is probably about the closest ive been that way....folk are often saying to venture south theres just so many places to see,i forget the name of it that whatsit peninsular always looks blindin in pictures i quite fancy that,maybe in a few weeks :thumbs:

The west coast of wales is stunning mate. Gin blue seas stunning beaches and beautiful scenery and little towns to explore  ?

• Like 2
4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Thankyou squire i used to go past a place called Eyemouth right on the border there that i always thought looked nice i know its not a million miles away from Holy Island so might have a trot up there if we dont like the look of where we are.

Cheers boss,i left the planning of this little jaunt down to the mrs,apparently we're stopping a few nights in York a site called Rowntree which she reckons is next to the River Ouse and a short walk to York Cathedral....if anyone knows that way is it a walk ?

Then up to some gaff called Nunnykirk for a few nights which is either in or near Rothbury,apparently theres some nice scenery there.....nothing extravagant just a nice bit of peace and quiet.

Rothbury's nice mate, I'm up there regularly, nice Riverside walk, and Simonside hills, and Cragside house with its gargantuan trees 

I sound like a feckin travel agent here lol, hope you enjoy it anyway

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Did you try this by any a chance pal? I heard few good things about em now an thinking getting the next size up tomorrow. Just seen it’s closest is Manchester haha  Bit if a drive tho to get it so probs order online 

Haven't Don, don't need it till the week after next, everything is last minute with us so I'll probably go looking about it the day I need it. Lol. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Get missus to come out when it’s dark an play some wolf howls through her phone ? be wild then, bet he loving  it mate?

She can come out with a mug of tea…..and then go again ! Lol ? 

• Haha 2
On 20/07/2021 at 15:10, gnasher16 said:

Forget ilfracombe for beach. Woolacombe croyde putsborough Saunton are all good beaches. Depending on when your planning on coming. 

• Like 2
On 20/07/2021 at 17:15, socks said:

The west coast of wales is stunning mate. Gin blue seas stunning beaches and beautiful scenery and little towns to explore  ?

True

May be an image of nature, coast and ocean

May be an image of sky, coast, nature and tree

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1