Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

18 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

What make is that if you don't mind me asking. 

Have a look on the canvas tent shop, and the bell tent boutique websites mate, there's the green arctic military canvas ones aswell, they're bigger and more costly bushwhacker man on YouTube has one, you can get an internal liner for winter use

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Have a look on the canvas tent shop, and the bell tent boutique websites mate, there's the green arctic military canvas ones aswell, they're bigger and more costly bushwhacker man on YouTube has one, you can get an internal liner for winter use

A lot of the stuff on the canvas tent shop website is sold out but I'll have a look again. 

8 hours ago, sid g said:

just got myself a 2007 ford galaxy ghia that were planning to do a tour or scotland in ... looking for a little solar set up for it  something that`ll sit on the dash maybe . 

Windscreens filter out a lot of uv so the solar panel doesn't work as well. And there is no sun in Scotland anyway. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, dogmandont said:

A bit off subject but I'm in the market for a decent family tent, a 5 man or similar size. 

Been looking at the air tents and the canvas bell tents but I don't have a clue which would be better. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Use this for when full family go camping it has 4 bedrooms but can remove bedroom dividers.got big living area goes up in 10mins sturdy not a bad price. Been out in wind and rain no problems 20210704_204044.jpg.83a08787b669004faac650e91348126a.jpg

• Like 4

Waterproof the works is key 

good ortelib bags into all your kit with stuff double bagged individually. 

ain to spend about 150 on compression sacks . Worth it as opposed to getting caught short in a thunderstorm 

bergan 

4 season sleep ping system 

bag liner 

travel pillow 

self inflating mattress 

jet boil with gas 

spare lighter

1:50000 map

map case 

compass with protective case made of foam 

head torch / aaa batteries taped and waterproofed 

Camelback water system / puritabs 

first aid kit ncluding replellant and sun cream bandage tiger balm painkillers needle 

Warm hat 

Warm gloves 

sun hat 

ponncho 

bungee cords 

basha poles 

tent pegs 

spare torch 

leather mans 

Foot powder opened into a compression bag 

spare socks including gortex 

lightweight down jacket 

lightweight water proof jacket 

spare undies 

spare boot laces 

polish 

tooth brush /  paste 

Baby wipes 

travel shampoo 

canoe shoes 

metal flask 

• Like 1

I have two tunnel tents a Helsport Nordmarka 2 I use then I am hiking alone and a Bergans Compact Light 3 I use for 2-3persons or alone during the winter and then I am camping from the car.

• Like 1

The trouble with threads about survival  wild camping and the like is that they always end up the same; a discussion on what to buy. Its all about buying, never about how to do it. 

10 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

The trouble with threads about survival  wild camping and the like is that they always end up the same; a discussion on what to buy. Its all about buying, never about how to do it. 

Some say we're a nation of shopkeepers

I say pasties, real ale, a good fire, and wool, the tent can look after itself

Iv an old French or Dutch canvas ridge tent 3 man i think it is got if from a landrover show about 15 years ago for £10 brand new , its been a grate tent heavy tho , leaked loads first time I used it n I nearly put it in the bin un till I was told the canvas needs to get wet to be come water proof,  

20200403_170613.jpg

• Like 1

Some of you lads must be taking a wheel barrow with you, or not venture far from the truck ? 

Personally I like a little cycling one man tent, tiny, light weight and warm. Usually take two lightweight plastic sheets to, one for above and one below, that way your kit outside the tent also stays dry etc. 

• Like 1
WWW.AUTOTRADER.CO.UK

Mazda Bongo Full Side Conversion 4 berth pop top camper slim line unit 2.5 for sale in Grantham, Lincolnshire from Vans4Adventure - Find your perfect...

get a bongo.