Jeez seen the price of Sidewheels

I thought a silver wheel would look ace on the Falcon on my 97.... 

Seen the blimmin price of em? 

Original ones in silver seem to be unobtainable and Rowan want 115 quid plus postage... 

Seems a waste to stick a 3d printed plastic one on the side of such a nice gun... 

Anyone got one? Or got any ideas? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kalibrgun said:

Get a printed one and paint it up properly ? Decent primer and couple coats of paint and a couple if decent laquer might be worth a shot. Or buy a black metal one and polish the anodising off ?

Might just save up. Wait. Old style 

An old pal of mine had a Honda 900F with a sidecar, the tyre on that sidewheel was worn at a funny angle and as a consequence the front tyre was squared off and the handling was a bag ‘o’ sh1t. For that reason, I’d forget sidewheels. In fact, get rid of the sidecar altogether. Loads more fun without it. ??

• Haha 2
18 hours ago, Dervburner said:

An old pal of mine had a Honda 900F with a sidecar, the tyre on that sidewheel was worn at a funny angle and as a consequence the front tyre was squared off and the handling was a bag ‘o’ sh1t. For that reason, I’d forget sidewheels. In fact, get rid of the sidecar altogether. Loads more fun without it. ??

Jesus bud you had me going there. 

Don't worry by GSXR1000 and GSF650 are both sidewheel free. 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Yarp, and front wheel free if you give them the beans.......??

Yes buddy the former is a 200bhp man killer. Scares f***ing shit out of me. Makes me feel alive. 

On 03/07/2021 at 12:15, JakeFury said:

I thought a silver wheel would look ace on the Falcon on my 97.... 

Seen the blimmin price of em? 

Original ones in silver seem to be unobtainable and Rowan want 115 quid plus postage... 

Seems a waste to stick a 3d printed plastic one on the side of such a nice gun... 

Anyone got one? Or got any ideas? 

Or you could just get one of these 

Jake 

Then you get the scope, sun shade, and side wheel, mounts 

All for £120 

And its a ffp scope as well 

And its spot on 

Atvbjimmy ???IMG_20210714_144321.jpg.2d1d92e2a90c3159049f588fbed61f68.jpg

14 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Or you could just get one of these 

Jake 

Then you get the scope, sun shade, and side wheel, mounts 

All for £120 

And its a ffp scope as well 

And its spot on 

Atvbjimmy ???IMG_20210714_144321.jpg.2d1d92e2a90c3159049f588fbed61f68.jpg

Yes buddy. I plan to give one of them a go, I've been keeping an eye on them. Westhunter? Is it? 

I've got a few changes going on in the cabinet thanks to various under performing purchases.. Some are going to be replaced with one thing nice.. As its become really obvious to me over the last six months... German Rifles are either night and day or I'm a half decent shot somedays and not others and they coincidently happen to be the days I shoot Rifles with great reviews but are made elsewhere. 

I want either an LGU or TX or Prosport. It's all I want from life.... At least my sporting life... I royally fed up with knobbo YouTube jockeys talking crap about guns I then buy and try to fettle and you take the thing apart and what you find is total shite. The one thing I've made good is SMK or Remington Express and Warhawk..... 

There are three brands that are total shite, and well up sold. 

Ive fettled my Remington Express to shoot well. My bothers SMK to shoot grest with mountains of polish and guides and trigger work. A bit of Welsh inerds. 

But there are a few that are total shite. 

One of them is sealed. Can't be tuned. Pointless. 

Sorry waffle waffle. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, JakeFury said:

Yes buddy. I plan to give one of them a go, I've been keeping an eye on them. Westhunter? Is it? 

I've got a few changes going on in the cabinet thanks to various under performing purchases.. Some are going to be replaced with one thing nice.. As its become really obvious to me over the last six months... German Rifles are either night and day or I'm a half decent shot somedays and not others and they coincidently happen to be the days I shoot Rifles with great reviews but are made elsewhere. 

I want either an LGU or TX or Prosport. It's all I want from life.... At least my sporting life... I royally fed up with knobbo YouTube jockeys talking crap about guns I then buy and try to fettle and you take the thing apart and what you find is total shite. The one thing I've made good is SMK or Remington Express and Warhawk..... 

There are three brands that are total shite, and well up sold. 

Ive fettled my Remington Express to shoot well. My bothers SMK to shoot grest with mountains of polish and guides and trigger work. A bit of Welsh inerds. 

But there are a few that are total shite. 

One of them is sealed. Can't be tuned. Pointless. 

Sorry waffle waffle. 

I get where your coming from Jake

what you want is some thing old school like an old hw35 ,old hw97 or an old hw77

its coming to some thing when an smk is better built than a hw or AA

after all these years of refurbing rifles iv come to the point that old school rifles were made to last

and this moden stuff is just money oriantated get them done get them out

i know of one shop that had to send a load of aa stuff back to the factory s most of the screws were missing

brand new rifles it beggers belief.

And some of the old stuff shoots like the day it was made 10 15 20yrs on

made back when they cared about what they made

mind the lgv range are good not heard any thing bad about them

what ever you get check it over in the shop before you leave

atvbjimmy

2 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

I get where your coming from Jake

what you want is some thing old school like an old hw35 ,old hw97 or an old hw77

its coming to some thing when an smk is better built than a hw or AA

after all these years of refurbing rifles iv come to the point that old school rifles were made to last

and this moden stuff is just money oriantated get them done get them out

i know of one shop that had to send a load of aa stuff back to the factory s most of the screws were missing

brand new rifles it beggers belief.

And some of the old stuff shoots like the day it was made 10 15 20yrs on

made back when they cared about what they made

mind the lgv range are good not heard any thing bad about them

what ever you get check it over in the shop before you leave

atvbjimmy

I've got a competition 97KT mate 

TX or LGU or prosport. 

Have to say the Walther is a superior design but the AAs better quality. 

When you mildly tune a floating piston gun with decent guides and a light polish, make sure they are 10.8 to 11 max they are extremely accurate... 

In comparison my HW took A LOT of spend to make as accurate as a LGV not even LGU. It is now mind.. But it was an ordeal of raisimg weight correcting rattling springs, loose guides, the WRONG spring and guides fitted by HULL cartridge... Shitty Poly Stock too light to be accurate..... Lots wrong with my 97 sad face... Good now mind. 

• Like 1