Season approaching!

1 hour ago, TOMO said:

i never sore them work ....but i did see them in person at the midland show...for a half cross (and i dont like half crosses) they looked a nice type ...big tall things that covered alot of ground...i seem to remember them being very long...

and there was one that had been put to a coursing dog out of nuttals stuff i think.....so it was malamute/grey x coursing dog...that was a nice looking animal as well...

It’s been said that some a them old merlin eve blood dogs can go over out and produce killers lol 👍

even a whippet 😂 👍

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is always a good topic to put your feet up pour a cider or two and read the bullshit of 15 mile behind the bike and 10 mile walk a day 😀 Come on let’s have a starter for ten 🤣 Mchull where a

Not one to shit stir but Mc said if you had dogs that could catch owt you's wouldn't be overrun with game....

It's on the cards, remind me in August.

Posted Images

I went out and saw them dogs run.

Over the years there hve been a few interesting things on here that everyone has taken the piss out of.

The malamute xs and the Beddy whippets dropping good size fallow... being just two.

Every one has a good piss take etc. But I actually just went and saw them run for a night.

Same as the legend dogs on here, seen a few of them run to.

Funny which ones turned out to actually be handy 😂 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

Over the years there hve been a few interesting things on here that everyone has taken the piss out of.

The malamute xs and the Beddy whippets dropping good size fallow... being just two.

Every one has a good piss take etc. But I actually just went and saw them run for a night.

Nuttall had good blood mate there half that I’m not suprised they was half descent 😂 

some in that razor pup a yours 😂 👍

42 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Who’s are the legend dogs then, don’t be shy 🙈 😂

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, poxon said:

Yes mate but completely different dog Malis are a guard/herder type. malamute husky’s are sled type dogs 

😂 I got the wrong end of the stick I thought it was on about the Mali xs 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

what did you recon to them then....any good....

I think the recent history of the husky is interesting in that as far as top class competition etc goes the traditional pure breeds like Malamutes and Siberian huskies have been overtaken by the mongrelized Alaskan husky which has a good dash of greyhound, pointer etc in their make up. A case of breeding for use against look.

WWW.NATIONALGEOGRAPHIC.COM

A mixed heritage gives sled dogs their love of running, a desire to work, and a need for wild places.

We got a guy near here with a couple packs a dogs, a full pack a malamutes an a pack of pointer x huskies, he uses them to pull hos sled on wheels round forests the nutter, older guy I sure he high up in army, was gonna out another pack on farm up road from me when I had pigeons on it but it fell through an he stuck his 2 packs as it was a lot of work, noisey cnuts tho

8 minutes ago, sandymere said:

I think the recent history of the husky is interesting in that as far as top class competition etc goes the traditional pure breeds like Malamutes and Siberian huskies have been overtaken by the mongrelized Alaskan husky which has a good dash of greyhound, pointer etc in their make up. A case of breeding for use against look.

A mixed heritage gives sled dogs their love of running, a desire to work, and a need for wild places.

I don't know if I dare say this but saluki has supposedly been added to the mix.

Don't tell @mC HULLwhatever you do 

• Haha 2

These islands seem to as snobby and you get when it comes to cross breeding our dogs for jobs. Look around the world sn you’ll see hunters use everything they can get from the dog pounds an cheap litters an all sorts of places, them they let nature an graft weed out the weak, are we an out dogs any better for it? 

there’s a guy in here who knows his shit, don’t think he is a big fan of them malamute crosses but I’m sure he we out with them an told truth about them an it wasn’t all bad 😂 think they might have struggled at jobs most types would struggle with but also done a lot of other jobs an quarry well, just what I can remember from on here  back in the day 👍

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Not in the slop tho 😎they might run plenty miles a day a good few days a wk but it’s the slop factor that counts 

• Haha 1

They were ok at what I saw them doing but no better than most decent dogs and less good than stuff bred for it from tried and tested stuff. Basically not a joke and not the next bit thing. 

1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

They were ok at what I saw them doing but no better than most decent dogs and less good than stuff bred for it from tried and tested stuff. Basically not a joke and not the next bit thing. 

I suppose nothing will be the next best thing just like that without a decent breeding program.

1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

Not in the slop tho 😎they might run plenty miles a day a good few days a wk but it’s the slop factor that counts 

😂😂You or Sandy can’t show me a whippet or galagos that can stop 3 in the slop 😂 quadrupled up 😂