Season approaching!

2 hours ago, poxon said:

Yes mate but completely different dog Malis are a guard/herder type. malamute husky’s are sled type dogs 

? I got the wrong end of the stick I thought it was on about the Mali xs 

• Like 1

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is always a good topic to put your feet up pour a cider or two and read the bullshit of 15 mile behind the bike and 10 mile walk a day ? Come on let’s have a starter for ten ? Mchull where a

It's on the cards, remind me in August.

Not one to shit stir but Mc said if you had dogs that could catch owt you's wouldn't be overrun with game....

Posted Images

2 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

I went out and saw them dogs run.

Over the years there hve been a few interesting things on here that everyone has taken the piss out of.

The malamute xs and the Beddy whippets dropping good size fallow... being just two.

Every one has a good piss take etc. But I actually just went and saw them run for a night.

Same as the legend dogs on here, seen a few of them run to.

Funny which ones turned out to actually be handy ? 

what did you recon to them then....any good....

I think the recent history of the husky is interesting in that as far as top class competition etc goes the traditional pure breeds like Malamutes and Siberian huskies have been overtaken by the mongrelized Alaskan husky which has a good dash of greyhound, pointer etc in their make up. A case of breeding for use against look.

WWW.NATIONALGEOGRAPHIC.COM

A mixed heritage gives sled dogs their love of running, a desire to work, and a need for wild places.

8 minutes ago, sandymere said:

I think the recent history of the husky is interesting in that as far as top class competition etc goes the traditional pure breeds like Malamutes and Siberian huskies have been overtaken by the mongrelized Alaskan husky which has a good dash of greyhound, pointer etc in their make up. A case of breeding for use against look.

A mixed heritage gives sled dogs their love of running, a desire to work, and a need for wild places.

I don't know if I dare say this but saluki has supposedly been added to the mix.

Don't tell @mC HULLwhatever you do 

• Haha 2
55 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Not in the slop tho ?they might run plenty miles a day a good few days a wk but it’s the slop factor that counts 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

They were ok at what I saw them doing but no better than most decent dogs and less good than stuff bred for it from tried and tested stuff. Basically not a joke and not the next bit thing. 

I suppose nothing will be the next best thing just like that without a decent breeding program.

1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

Not in the slop tho ?they might run plenty miles a day a good few days a wk but it’s the slop factor that counts 

??You or Sandy can’t show me a whippet or galagos that can stop 3 in the slop ? quadrupled up ? 

2 hours ago, sandymere said:

Huskies bring Prey drive, stamina, tough feet and weather proof coat maybe Mr Burrell was onto something when he added Husky. 

18 minutes ago, Allan P said:

Huskies bring Prey drive, stamina, tough feet and weather proof coat maybe Mr Burrell was onto something when he added Husky. 

You must have some shite about you if your thinking husky ? or need to add prey drive stamina and tough feet ? ?

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Gospel said:

You must have some shite about you if your thinking husky ? or need to add prey drive stamina and tough feet ? ?

Think it was added a few years back but not 100% sure. I’m happy with my pup so far but unlike you my standards are fairly low just like a bit fun with my dogs and don’t take things to seriously. I lost my ego a long time ago mush and certainly wouldn't need a dog to try and boost it when I did have one. 

Good luck with your dogs and your out look on life. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Allan P said:

Think it was added a few years back but not 100% sure. I’m happy with my pup so far but unlike you my standards are fairly low just like a bit fun with my dogs and don’t take things to seriously. I lost my ego a long time ago mush and certainly wouldn't need a dog to try and boost it when I did have one. 

Good luck with your dogs and your out look on life. 

I didn’t mean you have shite about you I meant the lad after using husky ?

i dont take anything to serious mate ? that is my outlook on life ? ?