Season approaching!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is always a good topic to put your feet up pour a cider or two and read the bullshit of 15 mile behind the bike and 10 mile walk a day ? Come on let’s have a starter for ten ? Mchull where a

It's on the cards, remind me in August.

Not one to shit stir but Mc said if you had dogs that could catch owt you's wouldn't be overrun with game....

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, TOMO said:

does any of that make sence....

he walked..no ran  12 miles......at 13 mile an hour....but it took him 2 hours 41 mins.....im confused

I think it's saying he was walking on average 13 minute miles mate.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

An insult to Mexico that is.

Remember years ago going up to see a notorious poacher from up that way and knocking on his bungalow door and his neighbour coming out and saying Bush has gone up Mexico today we soon clicked he meant Mexborough.

• Haha 1

Step counters are rubbish, need a satellite nav running watch the Garmin's etc are pretty accurate, within a few meters for distance, I use the Garmin forerunner 45.

I'm looking forward to my 60th year next birthday when i reset all my distance PB's, I've lost a minute a km pace over the last 10 years so struggling to get good comparative times so a reset should give me a bit of incentive.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, TOMO said:

does any of that make sence....

he walked..no ran  12 miles......at 13 mile an hour....but it took him 2 hours 41 mins.....im confused

Yeh walked 12.1 miles at 13minutes 26 seconds per mile total time 2 hours 41 minutes 18 seconds

16 minutes ago, Countryman62 said:

Yeh walked 12.1 miles at 13minutes 26 seconds per mile total time 2 hours 41 minutes 18 seconds

yeh i got it after greb said the 13 mins was for a mile....rather than 13 mile an hour...

still a 13 min mile is a cracking pace ....is about 4,5 mile an hour....thats very fast 

13 minutes ago, TOMO said:

yeh i got it after greb said the 13 mins was for a mile....rather than 13 mile an hour...

still a 13 min mile is a cracking pace ....is about 4,5 mile an hour....thats very fast 

Agree TOMO, I do similar times but not that distance anymore, I hate getting old, still it’s better than the alternative lol

There’s me taking the piss out the 5mile push bike crew!  It wasn’t really to warm yesterday evening about 8.30-9 thought I’d go out for a steady bike ride back to the old town I just fancied a cruise on the push bike so though feck it I’ll take the dog kill two birds one stone an all that saves me walking her later on. Felt strange pushbikeing along the paths with a dog trotting by side of a push bike we covered a bit of ground the dog enjoyed her sen same as me only nearly had me off once when she’d spotted a scruffy looking town Fox. Was a enjoyable little outing not really a typical outing of the media portrayed standard 5mile push bike ride with lurcher in toe for lurcher fitness no 5bar gates were jumped in preparation for the up an coming season to condition such a athletic machine for such killing sprees ahead. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, poxon said:

no 5bar gates were jumped in preparation for the up an coming season to condition such a athletic machine

Tut tut ? I'd expect you to be clearing five or six  a night in preparation for the upcoming season,  why as a young  wipper snapper I would take them in my stride whilst carrying the dog. ?‍♂️ 

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Tut tut ? I'd expect you to be clearing five or six  a night in preparation for the upcoming season,  why as a young  wipper snapper I would take them in my stride whilst carrying the dog. ?‍♂️ 

That’s it from tonight I’ll want her clearing as least 7 in succession like a race horse ? ??

6 minutes ago, poxon said:

That’s it from tonight I’ll want her clearing as least 7 in succession like a race horse ? ??

Not the dog you , gotta lead by example ?

Edited by sandymere
  • Haha 1