Season approaching!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is always a good topic to put your feet up pour a cider or two and read the bullshit of 15 mile behind the bike and 10 mile walk a day ? Come on let’s have a starter for ten ? Mchull where a

It's on the cards, remind me in August.

Not one to shit stir but Mc said if you had dogs that could catch owt you's wouldn't be overrun with game....

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

4th of July.....season approaching, bloody hell.

By my watch we are out 4 times a week come September don’t know about anyone else.. been lucky enough the last couple of seasons to get a place on the paddocks and sheep land knocking a few rabbits from August onwards ?

5 minutes ago, LamperNM said:

By my watch we are out 4 times a week come September don’t know about anyone else.. been lucky enough the last couple of seasons to get a place on the paddocks and sheep land knocking a few rabbits from August onwards ?

Hopefully it gets a bit softer. Don’t get overly soft till October here 

• Like 1

This year I finished 23rd of feb I’ll start this season soon as the crops are down an we get a bit of moisture in to the ground if I don’t the farm hands have a bit of a purge with the guns if I’m not plugging the nights I want to get out before the guns get out 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Hopefully it gets a bit softer. Don’t get overly soft till October here 

It’s good here on the grass land early season. Obviously won’t entertain the stubble until it’s right to run on 

50 minutes ago, LamperNM said:

That’s correct 8 weeks time il be out on the rabbits then flat out until March.? when does it start for you 

Years ago it was September till end March and sometimes into early April, we don’t often get the cold winters we did back then, for me now it’s beginning of November to end February if I’m lucky, depends more on two things, one it’s got to be cold enough, I’m not gonna risk my dogs health through running her when it’s too warm and the other depends how many Rabbits there is to run, there’s no point to me if there’s not many about, I would sooner let them breed unhindered and have a go at them the season after, that may be hard to understand for a young man chomping at the bit to get out hunting but being older me or my Lurcher have nothing to prove to anybody, atb

• Like 5
2 hours ago, poxon said:

This year I finished 23rd of feb I’ll start this season soon as the crops are down an we get a bit of moisture in to the ground if I don’t the farm hands have a bit of a purge with the guns if I’m not plugging the nights I want to get out before the guns get out 

About November then d

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Black neck said:

About November then d

Possibly d ??last season I started 22nd of august but I was keen to get my young bitch her first catch think I gave it a couple of weeks after that then it was time to start getting out more

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, poxon said:

Possibly d ??last season I started 22nd of august but I was keen to get my young bitch her first catch think I gave it a couple of weeks after that then it was time to start getting out more

Never lamp before the 5th o September d 

I invested in a 3 dog mill,I get the wife to take em on a 20 minute walk,empty them selves and she puts them on the mill for 30 minutes ,fast walk,evening time I bring em to an old quarry where they run about chasing each other and a swim in the pond if they want,much too early yet though to start training yet

Screenshot_2021-07-04-18-53-37-857_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, LamperNM said:

Not disbelieving you..but you sound a tad too excited...for a man who does a bit...and also..I keep reading about ground too hard or this and that... Lol what's all that about.. if I'm out with a runner I'm out for a mooch or a hunt up... Fek back in the day I've run them up a tarmac road at one ...

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, stop.end said:

Not disbelieving you..but you sound a tad too excited...for a man who does a bit...and also..I keep reading about ground too hard or this and that... Lol what's all that about.. if I'm out with a runner I'm out for a mooch or a hunt up... Fek back in the day I've run them up a tarmac road at one ...

They got tougher feet over your way I'm told ,ours are slop donkeys

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, stop.end said:

Last couple of seasons, you slip a fast dog down here in august / September, they ain’t gonna be running much for a while after that ........

Just now, Black neck said:

They got tougher feet over your way I'm told ,ours are slop donkeys

Lol.. naw it's only the big Mac and cheese runs them way waders on.?...ours are just run...at anything  any time...anywhere.. legal of course 

6 minutes ago, stop.end said:

The day I lose excitement over the game is the day il stop mate. Still get the same buzz running my dog now as I did the first time I seen a dog run 

• Like 2