Season approaching!

3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Mate I have game coming out of my ears. Right now there are fawns all over the shop, from my garden hedge onwards. They are literally in every bit of cover, hedge, copse, bush etc. Also over run with hares. So an off lead walk turns in five to ten mins into a fawn massacre or a run on a few hares one after another till the dog is cooked and collapsed it smashed its feet and joints to bits. Oh and a couple of days ago I had to push to badgers out the road who were having a wrestle on a three way road junction in the the village, broad day light.

A can just imagine it down your way this time of year especially with the bushers.A can’t free run mine just deer round me beach or road walking all mine get til end September.

• Like 1

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is always a good topic to put your feet up pour a cider or two and read the bullshit of 15 mile behind the bike and 10 mile walk a day ? Come on let’s have a starter for ten ? Mchull where a

It's on the cards, remind me in August.

Not one to shit stir but Mc said if you had dogs that could catch owt you's wouldn't be overrun with game....

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Mate I have game coming out of my ears. Right now there are fawns all over the shop, from my garden hedge onwards. They are literally in every bit of cover, hedge, copse, bush etc. Also over run with hares. So an off lead walk turns in five to ten mins into a fawn massacre or a run on a few hares one after another till the dog is cooked and collapsed it smashed its feet and joints to bits. Oh and a couple of days ago I had to push to badgers out the road who were having a wrestle on a three way road junction in the the village, broad day light.

can see why you can't have a proper walk. only thing in common here is the amount of hares never seen so many. 

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Not one to shit stir but Mc said if you had dogs that could catch owt you's wouldn't be overrun with game....

Fair point ?

But in all honestly, I’ve got a block of about 8000 acres of perm (split into four blocks), which gives me enough to go at that we can be out a lot when the weather is good, always have a good night and lots of sport and some great catches, and never run out of stuff to go at. My friends love coming to visit. It’s a nice problem to have ? 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Fair point ?

But in all honestly, I’ve got a block of about 8000 acres of perm (split into four blocks), which gives me enough to go at that we can be out a lot when the weather is good, always have a good night and lots of sport and some great catches, and never run out of stuff to go at. My friends love coming to visit. It’s a nice problem to have ? 

Smug b*****d 

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, poxon said:

Mate first thing I thought was here comes the 5mile behind the push bike post 7days an nights a week an the jumping 5bar gates post for fitness 

Ground is hard as hell here so no point in doing too much. Better to start moderately fit and with no injuries. I do some running with mine on a canicross harness which helps both of us ?. It's also pretty warm and I'll get about 3 ball retrieves before the dog takes it off to some shade ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

Yep ? only thing we are short of is foxes after Xmas. They get harder to find. But my mate has a half decent bushing pack ? 

FA03DF9C-4541-4A0D-AA8A-0989DB1109A2.jpeg

Has wales1234 got some new hounds sheepchaser??