Season approaching!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is always a good topic to put your feet up pour a cider or two and read the bullshit of 15 mile behind the bike and 10 mile walk a day ? Come on let’s have a starter for ten ? Mchull where a

It's on the cards, remind me in August.

Not one to shit stir but Mc said if you had dogs that could catch owt you's wouldn't be overrun with game....

Posted Images

I can barely let any of mine off the lead at the moment, so if I’m honest they get to prat about in the garden, a bit of a lead walk up the road for an hour in the evenings, and if they are lucky I drive them to somewhere they can have a mess about off lead and hunt a few rabbits. Was different when I lived back home, we’d spend early mornings and evenings mooching about free running and hunting up. No chance of that here sadly! 

21 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I can barely let any of mine off the lead at the moment, so if I’m honest they get to prat about in the garden, a bit of a lead walk up the road for an hour in the evenings, and if they are lucky I drive them to somewhere they can have a mess about off lead and hunt a few rabbits. Was different when I lived back home, we’d spend early mornings and evenings mooching about free running and hunting up. No chance of that here sadly! 

what stops you doing that where you are? 

36 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

At this moment in time it’s a 1 1/2 hr mooch abart at 5am every morning then chilling out rest of day. 

6C35695B-EB10-4ECF-BE49-4F90278830A8.jpeg

Proper mooching, country chappie ?...... catapult catch box, held with a set of traditional longnet pins... ?

• Haha 1

Hour run about in field early morning, hour or so road walk on leads at dinner time with my wife, long walk/run over fields and woods early evening or jump in car and run around on beach.

20210703_154405.jpg

20210703_164755.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Havelightforcewilltravel said:

It’s July season s a long way off yet no point having them ready for war Dec/Jan 6 month away.

Season starts for me in 8/9 weeks time mate on the rabbits ??

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

I'll swop you won't see feck all round yer

1 hour ago, fred90 said:

Proper mooching, country chappie ?...... catapult catch box, held with a set of traditional longnet pins... ?

we walk a disused railway track up to the woods and the pup hunts up and down the banking, he puts some miles in just doing that, he caught his first woodpigeon other morning which did surprise me. The lines always provide good shooting for the catty ? .

6 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

we walk a disused railway track up to the woods and the pup hunts up and down the banking, he puts some miles in just doing that, he caught his first woodpigeon other morning which did surprise me. The lines always provide good shooting for the catty ? .

my type of walking. I always have catty with me. he sounds like he's going to be a versatile dog?. mine has had 11 woodies so far, but a little dog bred as she is you would expect that. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fred90 said:

what stops you doing that where you are? 

Mate I have game coming out of my ears. Right now there are fawns all over the shop, from my garden hedge onwards. They are literally in every bit of cover, hedge, copse, bush etc. Also over run with hares. So an off lead walk turns in five to ten mins into a fawn massacre or a run on a few hares one after another till the dog is cooked and collapsed it smashed its feet and joints to bits. Oh and a couple of days ago I had to push to badgers out the road who were having a wrestle on a three way road junction in the the village, broad day light.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1