Season approaching!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is always a good topic to put your feet up pour a cider or two and read the bullshit of 15 mile behind the bike and 10 mile walk a day ? Come on let’s have a starter for ten ? Mchull where a

It's on the cards, remind me in August.

Not one to shit stir but Mc said if you had dogs that could catch owt you's wouldn't be overrun with game....

Posted Images

I do an hour or so in the fields in the morning before work kicking a football about and flogging tennis balls for her to sprint at and retrieve also whatever else she chooses to run at then walk her on the lead at a decent pace in the evenings for a few miles. I do that most days seems to keep her in good nick.  Then the weekends be more of a mooch about the fields get her used to the sights and smells. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, LuckyLamper said:

I do an hour or so in the fields in the morning before work kicking a football about and flogging tennis balls for her to sprint at and retrieve also whatever else she chooses to run at then walk her on the lead at a decent pace in the evenings for a few miles. I do that most days seems to keep her in good nick.  Then the weekends be more of a mooch about the fields get her used to the sights and smells. 

Similar to my way.. il get them on the bike a couple of mile in the morning. And evening.. the bitch will chase tennis ball all day long so that helps big time likes a swim also.. Just abit of conditioning plenty night on rabbit really knocks them into shape 

• Like 1

This is always a good topic to put your feet up pour a cider or two and read the bullshit of 15 mile behind the bike and 10 mile walk a day ?

Come on let’s have a starter for ten ? Mchull where are you when I need you ? ?
That get dogs ready for 9 nights / days a week come season ?

Edited by Big Ron
  • Haha 13

I’ve been concentrating on my own fitness rather than the dogs there’s plenty of time left to get a dog somewhere near ready for some runs more near the time I’ve kept the dog relatively fit as she’s excised daily she comes out jogging with me every other day I’m not having a dog busting with fitness beginning of season to run green gear it’s pointless better to bringing them in slow an steady behind gear than have them peak to quickly but to be honest I’m never going to need a dog that’s a super fit machine I just need a dog fit enough to catch shit. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Big Ron said:

This is always a good topic to put your feet up pour a cider or two and read the bullshit of 15 mile behind the bike and 10 mile walk a day ?

Come on let’s have a starter for ten ? Mchull where are you when I need you ? ?
That get dogs ready for 9 nights / days a week come season ?

Mate first thing I thought was here comes the 5mile behind the push bike post 7days an nights a week an the jumping 5bar gates post for fitness 

• Like 1

Its way to ? to be doing anything other than early or late walks along the river bank or at least some place near water for them to cool down , if its cool anufe we have a mooch about .dog soon gets fit once work starts and they no rush so just enjoy the sun and give them a well deserved rest  

• Like 5