5 minutes ago, Maximus Ferret said:

No, it was just that Moocher said he hoped it would be. Couldn't see it happening as rightly or wrongly it's the method most think is the only humane method.

Its certainly the most efficient method. Lots of places need foxes controlled whether it be to protect stock, game or wildlife. I dont think banning it would be good for the countryside in general. Without control there would end up being nothing but foxes, badgers, corvids and squirrels.

• Like 2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m from a keepering background myself and would shoot cubs every year. Wasn’t something I had a problem doing, but at the same time was never something I got any enjoyment out of. was just a necessit

The pheasant..... The most overrated bird that lives...... Reared to be shot by folks who pay well to take a brace home..... I know a lad who is paid to take his JCB and bury hundreds of them each sea

These are the fools we don't need and it really sickens me to see this and they really got no morals to kill a cub and they need a good beating    

Posted Images

I've controlled foxes all my life .,and had to move some problem foxes and cubs of certain areas ,be in lamb trouble or bird .1 of the tasks I'm afraid u have to do to keep permission.though I will try different methods to move cubs on first .but 100% I cannot see the point of shooting cubs that aren't causing a problem .!! .

There's a few drive by shooters in everybody village and let's be honest when proper winter fox season starts they will be cuddled up on sofa ,as its to cold to shoot .old school shooters , hunters let foxes have there summer unless a problem .it's the unwritten rule

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Foxpack 2 said:

There's a few drive by shooters in everybody village and let's be honest when proper winter fox season starts they will be cuddled up on sofa ,as its to cold to shoot .

Dont know which fox shooters you are talking about but I am out all Winter along with all other fox shooters I know.

5 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Dont know which fox shooters you are talking about but I am out all Winter along with all other fox shooters I know.

Yeah but shooting them is most distasteful and it offendes my sensibilities 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Same as all walks of life, there's wanker elements in pretty much everything that spoil it for the rest. Fox shooters, lurcher people, farmers, keepers and pretty much anything else you can think of has its share of them. 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Tyla said:

Same as all walks of life, there's wanker elements in pretty much everything that spoil it for the rest. Fox shooters, lurcher people, farmers, keepers and pretty much anything else you can think of has its share of them. 

And its these wankers who give everyone a bad name . 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Foxpack 2 said:

I've controlled foxes all my life .,and had to move some problem foxes and cubs of certain areas ,be in lamb trouble or bird .1 of the tasks I'm afraid u have to do to keep permission.though I will try different methods to move cubs on first .but 100% I cannot see the point of shooting cubs that aren't causing a problem .!! .

There's a few drive by shooters in everybody village and let's be honest when proper winter fox season starts they will be cuddled up on sofa ,as its to cold to shoot .old school shooters , hunters let foxes have there summer unless a problem .it's the unwritten rule

You sound like a field man should and you respect the countryside and what you control and thats how it should be !!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tyla said:

Its certainly the most efficient method. Lots of places need foxes controlled whether it be to protect stock, game or wildlife. I dont think banning it would be good for the countryside in general. Without control there would end up being nothing but foxes, badgers, corvids and squirrels.

I have nothing against controlling fox or anything else but going on a farm you have no right to be on and shoot cubs for no reason is criminal in my opinion .

• Like 2
5 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Fox shooters local to me who I know well .and I know don't go out when the going gets tough .my dad is a full winter fox shooter and will wait out all night for a problem fox in the middle of winter .

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Summer is a time for Cubs and pups. 

D59D10F1-E3BC-48D4-BA5D-F006127FEA3C.jpeg

Nice pup by the way??But that comment as got to be the most stupidest thing you’ve ever said if it’s intended to mean pups taking Cubs to get a pup showing interest in Fox 

• Confused 2
7 minutes ago, poxon said:

Nice pup by the way??But that comment as got to be the most stupidest thing you’ve ever said if it’s intended to mean pups taking Cubs to get a pup showing interest in Fox 

No.... I meant it’s a time for us to rear pups and them to rear Cubs. There are few nicer sights than the young of any species enjoying the sun and messing about. 

• Like 2
Just now, SheepChaser said:

No.... I meant it’s a time for us to rear pups and them to rear Cubs. There are few nicer sights than the young of any species enjoying the sun and messing about. 

? bro thought I’d got it wrong??‍♂️ but I was like surly he don’t mean pup looking to get on Cubs. Understandable if say 8-9month old an looking for a bit o experience for a youngster that would of be used on them in season time prior 2004