3 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

And let's hope certain types of shooting becomes illegal very soon 

Who needs antis when we have comments like this .. I despair.  I agree people shouldn't be shooting where they have no permission that's why I dont think it was shot....

• Like 2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m from a keepering background myself and would shoot cubs every year. Wasn’t something I had a problem doing, but at the same time was never something I got any enjoyment out of. was just a necessit

The pheasant..... The most overrated bird that lives...... Reared to be shot by folks who pay well to take a brace home..... I know a lad who is paid to take his JCB and bury hundreds of them each sea

These are the fools we don't need and it really sickens me to see this and they really got no morals to kill a cub and they need a good beating    

Posted Images

1 minute ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Who needs antis when we have comments like this .. I despair.  I agree people shouldn't be shooting where they have no permission that's why I dont think it was shot....

I have no need to lie about a scum bag shooting cubs .

The most sporting animal of the lot and given no season, fair play to keepers or doing it for farmers who need it done out of necessity at this time of year as lively hoods depends on it. Also to keep permission if you don’t somebody else will. That aside there is plenty of shooters are out right through the spring shooting  vixens& dog foxes where they are causing no harm, therefor the Cubs being left to starve and not a thought spared, Bad crack.if going to do it at least do it properly.  If somebody shot a deer out of season they would be enemy number one but because the fox is tarred with the vermin brush then it’s fine. All decent dog lads give their quarry a season as only spoiling it from themselves.

• Like 6
45 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Your protecting sheep so I understand they need to be controlled but to go on land you have no perm and shoot cubs is just fffing wrong mate .

Never actually shot a fox in my life mate. And only on the very rare occasion had a problem with a vixen and cubs  with the lambs. And if you’re clever you can get them gone without killing them. Like I said, hammer them till before they breed and as soon as we start seeing bellied up vixens, give it a rest till august. Anything you see then is old enough to stand on its own two feet. I think it’s called countryside management. Most of these lads with guns don’t even get out the truck so can’t get to a lot of them in winter. We dig, bush, lamp, etc etc. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Never actually shot a fox in my life mate. And only on the very rare occasion had a problem with a vixen and cubs  with the lambs. And if you’re clever you can get them gone without killing them. Like I said, hammer them till before they breed and as soon as we start seeing bellied up vixens, give it a rest till august. Anything you see then is old enough to stand on its own two feet. I think it’s called countryside management. Most of these lads with guns don’t even get out the truck so can’t get to a lot of them in winter. We dig, bush, lamp, etc etc. 

I totally agree with what you say ,deal with them before they  got young .

I have no problems with controlling anything as long as its done the right way . Like you say countryside management not slaughter .

13 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Running dogs ...the sport of those that cant get a FAC ???? You seem to forget one maint point that it's also illegal ?

No permission makes it just as if not worse than catching it with a dog.

The old shooting brigade are nothing but a bunch of hippocrits especially over poaching.

• Like 1

As always it's not black and white, if foxes need killing because it's your job or because it affects your livelihood then so be it. Good keepers / fox shooters make an effort to sort out litters if they've killed the vixen which is as it should be. If its an arable farm with no shoot on it to protect then there's no reason to be out killing during the breeding season any more than there is to be running dogs through the summer. As SC said, if you are on it properly over the season the numbers should be under control anyway. 

28 minutes ago, Tyla said:

If its an arable farm with no shoot on it to protect then there's no reason to be out killing during the breeding season 

Again not true,  all of my farms have populations of lapwing , curlew and grey partridge therefore foxes need controlling also when they have hungry mouths to feed. I am doing my bit for conservation to help protect these endangered birds. Saying that all my grounds are well under control in relation to foxes.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Don't worry mate, if it becomes illegal I'll give you thirty quid for your thermal so you won't have to be out of pocket or break the law.?

8 minutes ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Don't worry mate, if it becomes illegal I'll give you thirty quid for your thermal so you won't have to be out of pocket or break the law.?

Dont use thermal or nv I'm old school lamping ?but appreciate the offer ?

12 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Your protecting sheep so I understand they need to be controlled but to go on land you have no perm and shoot cubs is just fffing wrong mate .

Parents might of been causing trouble nextdoor and shot, cubs found and shot?

56 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Again not true,  all of my farms have populations of lapwing , curlew and grey partridge therefore foxes need controlling also when they have hungry mouths to feed. I am doing my bit for conservation to help protect these endangered birds. Saying that all my grounds are well under control in relation to foxes.

There's plenty of time to be doing it in the winter, you've obviously been on it in the season and got them in check. That's how it should be done in my opinion, everything deserves a chance to breed in peace if at all possible.

45 minutes ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Am I missing something? Is there something in the pipeline threatening to make fox shooting illegal?

5 minutes ago, Tyla said:

Am I missing something? Is there something in the pipeline threatening to make fox shooting illegal?

No, it was just that Moocher said he hoped it would be. Couldn't see it happening as rightly or wrongly it's the method most think is the only humane method.

Edited by Maximus Ferret