• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m from a keepering background myself and would shoot cubs every year. Wasn’t something I had a problem doing, but at the same time was never something I got any enjoyment out of. was just a necessit

The pheasant..... The most overrated bird that lives...... Reared to be shot by folks who pay well to take a brace home..... I know a lad who is paid to take his JCB and bury hundreds of them each sea

These are the fools we don't need and it really sickens me to see this and they really got no morals to kill a cub and they need a good beating    

Posted Images

Fcukin detest the shooting of cubs by the roadside cowboys, what I hate even more is the shooting of vixens that are weaning cubs I've seen plenty of both and it's always done by some Facebook bragging ballbags. 

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You lot need to calm down, some of us have a livelihood to protect against foxes, and I’m out with the rifle every night needed doing it, and it’s not done for fun or sport, it’s done out of necessity.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
19 minutes ago, Rabid said:

You lot need to calm down, some of us have a livelihood to protect against foxes, and I’m out with the rifle every night needed doing it, and it’s not done for fun or sport, it’s done out of necessity.

If your job is driving the roads killing every fox within a 5 mile radius of a place where you keep some birds then I've no problem lumping you in with the Facebook ballbags, if you keep your own ground free from foxes then that's fair enough but you and I both know that's not how it works. 

• Like 4

The pheasant..... The most overrated bird that lives...... Reared to be shot by folks who pay well to take a brace home..... I know a lad who is paid to take his JCB and bury hundreds of them each season on a shoot near me as no one wants them...... Pointless, might as well shoot a few clays. 

• Like 10

We live in the land of the big shoot. Everything is in corn when the vixens drop, and when the pheasants come in. We don’t as a rule shoot any foxes until about August. When I say we I mean the keepers on our places. If you do a good enough job, you don’t have a problem. August onwards once the birds are out it’s open season. That’s just life. But if you have a problem with foxes in your pens you’re a poor keeper. And if you hammer them all winter with every method, there aren’t too many to be a problem in summer. 

6 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

We live in the land of the big shoot. Everything is in corn when the vixens drop, and when the pheasants come in. We don’t as a rule shoot any foxes until about August. When I say we I mean the keepers on our places. If you do a good enough job, you don’t have a problem. August onwards once the birds are out it’s open season. That’s just life. But if you have a problem with foxes in your pens you’re a poor keeper. And if you hammer them all winter with every method, there aren’t too many to be a problem in summer. 

Might get 5 a night sheepchaser them young daft uns easy to call in mate ?

3 minutes ago, Gospel said:

Might get 5 a night sheepchaser them young daft uns easy to call in mate ?

That’s it mate. If you crack on from harvest to start of lambing, you can leave them alone to breed. Every animal deserves its chance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

That’s it mate. If you crack on from harvest to start of lambing, you can leave them alone to breed. Every animal deserves its chance. 

Your not a summer hunter  I can’t fault you mate just having craic ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Running dogs ...the sport of those that cant get a FAC ???? You seem to forget one maint point that it's also illegal ?

Its illegal to shoot on land you got no permission to be on !! As this post stated no one as perm to shoot on this farm .  You got to be a heartless b  ..  d to shoot cubs for no reason. 

• Like 1
Just now, Moocher71 said:

Its illegal to shoot on land you got no permission to be on !! As this post stated no one as perm to shoot on this farm .  You got to be a heartless b  ..  d to shoot cubs for no reason. 

And let's hope certain types of shooting becomes illegal very soon 

3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Your protecting sheep so I understand they need to be controlled but to go on land you have no perm and shoot cubs is just fffing wrong mate .

• Like 1