42 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

How do you know it was shot if no shooting allowed on the farm ? More likely to be killed by dogs. Looks a bit ragged to me. 

It was shot and clearly see the entry and exit wound but maybe not in the picture  

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m from a keepering background myself and would shoot cubs every year. Wasn’t something I had a problem doing, but at the same time was never something I got any enjoyment out of. was just a necessit

The pheasant..... The most overrated bird that lives...... Reared to be shot by folks who pay well to take a brace home..... I know a lad who is paid to take his JCB and bury hundreds of them each sea

These are the fools we don't need and it really sickens me to see this and they really got no morals to kill a cub and they need a good beating    

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Deffo the rifle lads ote like that wouldn't be dogs 

No way

Its not dog lads ,it was shot and like the post stated no one as perm on this farm to shoot and I totally understand if its keepered land but its not .

2 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Its not dog lads ,it was shot and like the post stated no one as perm on this farm to shoot and I totally understand if its keepered land but its not .

I know that's what I said ,99.99 percent o the time its the riflers but dogs get the blame 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, zigzag dan said:

Even more annoying is the shooters who ride round in the summer, shooting at and missing foxes then by September every fox in the area is lamp shy. 

Even more annoying is the dog lads running foxes with dogs that cant catch them and making them lamp shy ??

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, zigzag dan said:

Even more annoying is the shooters who ride round in the summer, shooting at and missing foxes then by September every fox in the area is lamp shy. 

37 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Even more annoying is the dog lads running foxes with dogs that cant catch them and making them lamp shy ??

I love each and every one of the chaps who leave more on the ground for me to find  underground..:laugh:..

As a side note i have dug more than one fox that had been shot before and one poor fox was missing the top half of it's shoulders and i smelt the rot before i even broke through to it,one of the worse sights i have ever seen on any living animal...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
12 minutes ago, fireman said:

I love each and every one of the chaps who leave more on the ground for me to find  underground..:laugh:..

As a side note i have dug more than one fox that had been shot before and one poor fox was missing the top half of it's shoulders and i smelt the rot before i even broke through to it,one of the worse sights i have ever seen on any living animal...

Yep the shooters 

59 minutes ago, fireman said:

Dug one with a snare round it’s neck this winter, poor b*****d. 

• Sad 2

It’s sickening, technology is one thing that’s done the fox no favours for sure with all the thermal and night vision that every shooter has nowadays. If it wasn’t for towns and built up areas there would hardly be a fox anywhere. Places I know that used to hold decent numbers are piss poor now due to the rifle brigade, most of which couldn’t walk the length of themselves. Hard going for dog lads now. 

• Like 2

I’m from a keepering background myself and would shoot cubs every year. Wasn’t something I had a problem doing, but at the same time was never something I got any enjoyment out of. was just a necessity of the job. 

But now I’m out of it an just hunt an shoot as a hobby , it would never enter my head to seek out a litter an wipe them out with a rifle just for sport. Let’s be real there is no sport in that. 

To be honest as the more years go by the less bothered iv been about shooting an numbers, an the more I just love working dogs , wether it be a gundog or a runner ??

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, fireman said:

Exactly pal, at least with the dogs you know if the job has been done or not ?

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Jude said:

It’s sickening, technology is one thing that’s done the fox no favours for sure with all the thermal and night vision that every shooter has nowadays. If it wasn’t for towns and built up areas there would hardly be a fox anywhere. Places I know that used to hold decent numbers are piss poor now due to the rifle brigade, most of which couldn’t walk the length of themselves. Hard going for dog lads now. 

Shooting....... The sport of people who can't condition a running dog ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1