Anyone used one of these

No mate unless ya dog can catch a rabbit in 10yrds,I use 1 for work as they are bright enough for loft spaces and cellars while looking for rats and mice.Ya will be better off buying the ones that go onto a scope but they are a £150 or something like that.

• Like 1

I use this these days, it’s got spot to flood and a few other modes which I don’t use, 220 lumens so it cuts through the dark a good distance, not that I use it like that, I prefer to use fieldcraft and get close when I poach, there’s four different coloured filters for about £7 extra, the only drawback for me is because of the Cree lens bulb you don’t get the ruby red eyes of a Rabbit shining back when you lamp them, which I find disappointing but if I knew how to fit an halogen bulb to this torch it would be perfect and another plus point is if you get pulled over you can’t get done for carrying a torch

9B1C755B-8A2D-4686-9781-77EC8AF01DCD.jpeg

DA8869D4-A61B-45B7-8271-6AAAE4E65B79.jpeg

43F65205-02FA-468C-84DA-0AB91EE6CE9C.jpeg

Edited by Countryman62
10 hours ago, Countryman62 said:

I use this these days, it’s got spot to flood and a few other modes which I don’t use, 220 lumens so it cuts through the dark a good distance, not that I use it like that, I prefer to use fieldcraft and get close when I poach, there’s four different coloured filters for about £7 extra, the only drawback for me is because of the Cree lens bulb you don’t get the ruby red eyes of a Rabbit shining back when you lamp them, which I find disappointing but if I knew how to fit an halogen bulb to this torch it would be perfect and another plus point is if you get pulled over you can’t get done for carrying a torch

Are you using this for Lurcher work?

Yes Jeemes, I use this torch when I go lamping, I get two nights lamping on a full charge so about six hours in total that’s plenty of time for me now I’m in my sixties, I get out three or four times a week and when I get a good sized bag I get a lift home off the local taxi firm for a couple of Rabbits, there’s a five year guarantee with the torch I’ve had mine since 2013 and it’s never let me down, atb

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, Countryman62 said:

Why the lube ?

Just now, Countryman62 said:

For the threads when the batteries are screwed in and for extending the torch for the spotlight mode, keeps it all weather proof and in working order, atb

Well that's pretty boring then 

• Haha 1