Cooking Oil Storage?

Any insights, please? I have two plastic bottles of sunflower oil in my cupboard. One is fresh. The other is what I cook my onion bahjis in. (Law of diminishing returns, of course)

Only, I'd prefer not to leave the hot bhaji oil exposed, in the pan, as it cools. Nearly melted a plastic bottle once though, being a bit hasty. That could have been fun! :icon_eek:

Dunno. I'd like something I can strain the hotter oil into safely. Being able to gauge how much is in there would be a massive bonus too, of course.

Amazon calls me. Just like some direction.

1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Any insights, please? I have two plastic bottles of sunflower oil in my cupboard. One is fresh. The other is what I cook my onion bahjis in. (Law of diminishing returns, of course)

Only, I'd prefer not to leave the hot bhaji oil exposed, in the pan, as it cools. Nearly melted a plastic bottle once though, being a bit hasty. That could have been fun! :icon_eek:

Dunno. I'd like something I can strain the hotter oil into safely. Being able to gauge how much is in there would be a massive bonus too, of course.

Find a metal food grade 5gal bucket with a sealable lid and get a large metal strainer. Put a piece of ply woods or similar under it's to work as a heat sink. Wince it cools down you can transfer it to smaller containers ? would be surprised if you have to drop more than $30

Wolfie; A litre vessel will do, mate :) I use 1 litre bottles of oil and generally seem to end up with two, half filled (Fresh and used) bottles.

The Italians have steel vessels they use for olive oil storage. Call them a Fusti. I actually have one here. Cost me a staggering amount of money, in a moment of 'I Will NOT Be Beaten' fukking madness! ? Fukking thing's about a five gallon one though.

I'm genetically encoded to like fine things. Nice, stainless steel thing would suite. Just a bit hard to know where to even start searching for something for which there's not really a ready description.

Just triggers the din's, look ?

Bear! You Fukking Legend!!! :clapper: :boogy: Why did it never dawn on me that Thousands of ordinary people must be facing this exact same problem, every day?! Of course they've come up with the purpose built answer! :D 

Should be here on Monday! Can't wait to get it to use! :yahoo:

Thanks! :D

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

Well that's not a very nice reply is it Sydney the sooner I'm made moderator the better I would stop all this nonsence ? 

its a sleeping tablet the man needs and  let his brain rest.

• Like 1

IWW, as 'Desiderata' tells us: Don't engage with wankers' ;)

Now, looky here!!! :boogy:

P5070503.JPG.bb79340937423a1e9dd3e9f46bdc045c.JPG

Two fukking Litres This bad boy can hold!!! Boiling oil, straight from the frying pan? No problemmo! Comes with its own ~ Stainless Steel ~ saucer. To keep the heat off any work surface.

Filters even the Finest crap, as you pour the used oil in. Lid snaps on. Keeping insects out!

Arrived today, and I am over the fukking moon! Problem solved! :yahoo:

• Like 3
On 01/07/2021 at 19:47, Ken's Deputy said:

That plant oil will clog your arteries ken?

37 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Eating sausages as I read that, Francie ;) 

In honesty, mate? Right this moment, my main concern is not What I eat as how much longer I can Afford to eat.

'Eat, drink and be merry: For the government are sly!'

I love bacon an butter Ken lol

What's up with ya?