Fresh Blood to the New Prince

First proper outing for the HW100KT since the full works from HW100TUNING! 250-bar titanium cylinder / HUMA regulator, firing internals etc…using JSB Heavies 10.34 grains .177 ?

2991441B-2E9A-44EA-A4DD-50895386F132.jpeg

3435A3C4-0B85-4000-8820-2C9E0BCB8199.jpeg

Edited by C3PO
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, C3PO said:

No idea - it’s the titanium one from HW100TUNING ….

Ok thanks. I don’t know which ones they use, but I was considering getting a Fenton titanium cylinder. Do they make any noticeable difference in overall weight? 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Ok thanks. I don’t know which ones they use, but I was considering getting a Fenton titanium cylinder. Do they make any noticeable difference in overall weight? 

Yes it is lighter - then then it holds air at higher pressure so a bit heavier, I guess!

• Like 1

Hi Villaman … yes the cost is a lot for sure but these improvements turn a great rifle into an exceptional one. How much again is Daystate’s new gun!!???

8BD9D2E8-0AD8-4FB5-9CE7-B953A0B4B070.jpeg

Edited by C3PO
  • Like 1

Ok you get more shots then my 60+ shots with A&M cylinder , but I have never shot more than 15 rabbits in one session. . I just can’t see it shooting any better . Any how nice shooting ??

• Like 1

The 8fps spread over those 100+ shots I never had with my vanilla HW100KT… but yes upgrades are always victims of the laws of diminishing returns. But it feels a fantastic rifle now in the field - admittedly it was very good before too!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I think when it comes to tuning and the investment made, if it brings greater pleasure to the owner, then that  is what it is all about.  A friend of mine and used to be on here used to tweek his hw100 rifles which gave him pleasure and as Mitch said they don't need much doing if at all, you have what you want C3PO.  A very nice stock by the way.

I wanted to have an Ultra to have a full tune some years ago and just as I was about to sort the date with Airtech, I was made redundant so it never got the treatment which was the same as Mitch had done to his................................. I sold the gun and regret not owning a fully tuned Ultra.

Phil

• Like 4
On 28/07/2021 at 14:38, philpot said:

I think when it comes to tuning and the investment made, if it brings greater pleasure to the owner, then that  is what it is all about.  A friend of mine and used to be on here used to tweek his hw100 rifles which gave him pleasure and as Mitch said they don't need much doing if at all, you have what you want C3PO.  A very nice stock by the way.

I wanted to have an Ultra to have a full tune some years ago and just as I was about to sort the date with Airtech, I was made redundant so it never got the treatment which was the same as Mitch had done to his................................. I sold the gun and regret not owning a fully tuned Ultra.

Phil

Thee most accurate rifle Ive shot was an Ultra. Said it before like years ago, in a HFT comp in Bracebridge. It was RIDICULOUS. Far from standard like. But everything about it was on song. Ive never shot a rifle like it since to be honest. It made targets at 45 paces feel like 15. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, villaman said:

I keep saying it on different forums   , well the ones I haven’t been banned from ? the ultra will match any top price airgun pellet for pellet , even top tuned  airguns  

Preaching about bsa like that, anybody would think you were from Brum???

• Like 2
  • Haha 2