Digging Terrier stud wanted kent

53 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I've no idea about the antibiotics making them sterile but the sperm was tested and deemed no good and after 3 days on the antibiotics and a sperm enhancer it was like day and night under the microscope which resulted in a litter of 8 pups. 

All new to me so dont know the ins and outs of it all. 

Just that what can happen mate seen it happen

• Like 1
3 hours ago, dogmandont said:

I've no idea about the antibiotics making them sterile but the sperm was tested and deemed no good and after 3 days on the antibiotics and a sperm enhancer it was like day and night under the microscope which resulted in a litter of 8 pups. 

All new to me so dont know the ins and outs of it all. 

What confuses people is that an infection will raise body temp and make something in fertile. Often takes up to one week for anti biotics to work, and so lower body temp and make dog fertile again. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Wideboy said:

It’s the same with bitches, a few I know will jab bitch with betamox for 3 days when she breaks down to insure she hasn’t an infection prior to mating. In fact one lad wouldn’t breed without having now. 

Ive done the same in the past...?

Some antibiotics makes dogs infertile for either 6 weeks or months not sure what vet told me but this was the top fertile clinic in Ireland. I had my old dogs semen tested when bitch first broke down and there was a little blood in it I said will I give him a course of antibiotics and her exacts words was (jesus no way that's the last thing you want to do just go home and give him zinc everyday) 

• Like 2

My Mrs has started a little fertility clinic in Lancashire. If the dog has an infection it will show up on the microscope and snyulox will clear it up and not make sterile. Same with a bitch when they do sightology they can see an infection in a bitch then and same again antibiotics while in heat with no problem 

• Like 4