Let’s see your collie x greyhounds.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 3 year old Collie/Greyhound stands 25 inches. 

I'm biased but he's probably as good as you could get as an all round collie greyhound,  his only downfall is his owners past his prime ?

The Border Collie as a breed, is fairly varied in both type, size and shape, therefore,..when we see a variety of lurchers created from differing Sires and Dams,..there will frequently be an amazing a

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Gospel said:

Go away I’m not talking to no welsh report button pushing snow flake ? 

Oh Magoo! Lol.  How the f**k anyone gets things so wrong as often as you, I've no idea?! ?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Gospel said:

It is in most men’s cases but peddlers love bull x the story’s they talk are worse than a carp fisherman mate lol

Have you been on recently under a different username? ?????

Cheers, D.

19 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Not a x, but here’s a collie bitch I bred 18 months ago, the owner called by to see me today. 3/4 welsh, 1/4 border. Good type to breed a littler of Lurchers off. 

F845D86C-D5BD-411B-889B-3E8F7A2E748F.jpeg

052DBC1C-F2D1-4820-BEA9-56CB461BD55A.jpeg

F5AA70BB-C1B9-4AA7-9FC0-B6A7B77FF85D.jpeg

Real old style herders?

We had quite a few of that ilk in the 1950's, and so did most of the farms around us...

There was obvious trialing going on, but even back then there seemed to be a variation in pure farm dogs/curs/cattle mutts and the more closely bred and slightly more expensive,.Border Collies. We just kept the mongrelly types, they exerted a fair bit of eye and maintained plenty of bite,..but you had to watch them carefully , or they would go feral on ya..? 

As an aside,..I often wonder if nowadays,..the first cross Collie/Grey will go by the wayside?

I say this because, the rabbit populations in most Home counties, especially darn sarf,. are pretty inconsistent, so whenever a man gets a chance at a Shushi, he may well opt for a speedster that can take that precious chance...

Just a thought, I could well be wrong..

Whatever happens, I will stick to my own crossbred types,...bit too fecking late the change the goalposts now..?

Thanks for posting those pictures felleh,...go careful now and stay safe, regards, OldPhil?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1