Let’s see your collie x greyhounds.

On 01/07/2021 at 09:21, dillydog said:

He's F1 Australian cattle dog Dam, greyhound sire, I was gifted him as a pup, saw the litter and the Dam, red healer bitch.

He sounds just about right for a Moucher...?

I've bred similar types,..in fact, I rate this jukel as being my best effort,...perhaps not as the 'final solution',..but I was certainly in with a chance. I just needed one more sensible hybridisation to secure a future line.

Went looking for a good, well balanced running dog bitch for him,..I found one,.but I left it a wee bit too late.

Almost to the day that I had secured the dam for my breeding project,..his owner called me to say that Old Jake had suddenly passed away? 

And that as they say, ...was fecking that❗

He was a purpose-bred mix of my Australian Cattle Dog hybrid, Speckle, put to a phenomenal Greyhound Collie...

He could undertake most tasks required of him,...I honestly believe I was on the right track,..but there ya go, eh.

Nice to see all these beautiful and functional dogs lads, keep em coming..

Stay safe, regards, OldPhil.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 10

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 3 year old Collie/Greyhound stands 25 inches. 

I'm biased but he's probably as good as you could get as an all round collie greyhound,  his only downfall is his owners past his prime ?

The Border Collie as a breed, is fairly varied in both type, size and shape, therefore,..when we see a variety of lurchers created from differing Sires and Dams,..there will frequently be an amazing a

Posted Images

It was all collie's and curs in the 1970's for me, with a whippet or two thrown in for good measure.

First pic is my nan, in the late 60's with her border Shandy.

Then Whiskey & Pep two of the pups my grandad bred.

Then lastly our Trixy, in her dotage, she was a collie whippety cur that really could catch rabbits.

20210701_112055.jpg.80672ef9f90eee2bf19669a9b535d85e.jpg20210701_112055.jpg.80672ef9f90eee2bf19669a9b535d85e.jpg

20210701_112032.jpg

20210701_112132.jpg

7 hours ago, poxon said:

Get off his wanger mate ? they been that good that you now run collie x an collie beddyx even breed a collie x to a straight  beddy or if anyone sticks a decent picture up of a nice collie x your on about it’d go good over your beddy collie x bitch  behave mate!!!????I’m awaiting the let’s see ya bull x pics post next and that’d go good over my bitch comments?? 

Don’t be daft there is no way I’d go back to a bull cross.. when I was younger yes times change I’ve no use for one now a little bit in the mix wouldn’t do no harm?? I run what suits me and the ground I run on. End of the day everyone has there preferred cross and I don’t need to say mine as you’ve already said it ????

• Like 1
Just now, LamperNM said:

Don’t be daft there is no way I’d go back to a bull cross.. when I was younger yes times change I’ve no use for one now a little bit in the mix wouldn’t do no harm?? I run what suits me and the ground I run on. End of the day everyone has there preferred cross and I don’t need to say mine as you’ve already said it ????

Two dogs there I had from pup saluki x bull types.. you could put them into any situation and they’d handle it well.. not saying any other type couldn’t just the man has a point a bit of bull blood can go a long way.. same for any cross added depends on what the dogs purpose will be ?

1 minute ago, LamperNM said:

I’m only winding you up mate ??

• Like 1
13 hours ago, poxon said:

Get off his wanger mate ? they been that good that you now run collie x an collie beddyx even breed a collie x to a straight  beddy or if anyone sticks a decent picture up of a nice collie x your on about it’d go good over your beddy collie x bitch  behave mate!!!????I’m awaiting the let’s see ya bull x pics post next and that’d go good over my bitch comments?? 

Wanger ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 01/07/2021 at 17:15, LamperNM said:

As you grow up and advance from slow prey  to things that can actually  run you leave the bull x behind normally ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2