23 hours ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

I have a Skoda Octavia scout 4x4, great motor, it needs new tyres soon, any recommendations for something more grippy for wet fields etc, dont want anything that will make road driving terrible just something in between.

Goodyear all terrians best tyres iv had very grippy on fields and good on road.

Also maxxis at are good

• Like 1

I’ve just bought Maxxis Wormdrive ATs big ones 265s they seem to have good road manners just done nearly a thousand miles this week on them I look forward to the winter to see what their like over the farm. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 24/07/2021 at 11:34, stevemac said:

Bf goodridge all terrains KO2 good grip in the and long wearing. I've used them on all my 4x4s

Absolute shite on wet roads though, I have always run them on all my trucks, but you have to drive accordingly in the wet, easy enough in a pickup but easy to get carried away in a nice comfy fast car.

i will have a look and see what I have on our scout as they have been very good going round the fields this year.

On 26/07/2021 at 08:38, Rabid said:

Absolute shite on wet roads though, I have always run them on all my trucks, but you have to drive accordingly in the wet, easy enough in a pickup but easy to get carried away in a nice comfy fast car.

i will have a look and see what I have on our scout as they have been very good going round the fields this year.

Please yourself i always have a chuckle to my self when I see off roading depected on british tv. Absolutely no problem with them on wet roads here but as you say the nut behind the wheel is always the final determining factor. Just looked up the vechicle ya I wouldn't put them on one of those either, but I wouldnt ,own one of those for going bush.

Edited by stevemac
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/07/2021 at 10:43, stevemac said:

Please yourself i always have a chuckle to my self when I see off roading depected on british tv. Absolutely no problem with them on wet roads here but as you say the nut behind the wheel is always the final determining factor. Just looked up the vechicle ya I wouldn't put them on one of those either, but I wouldnt ,own one of those for going bush.

It’s always the idiot behind the wheel.

I have done some pretty serious off road stuff here, I built a swb for the job, but in truth not many people do serious off roading, I have too get around my fields every day of the yr and in winter it can often be 12-18 inches of wet mud, so it’s challenging for a Predominantly“Road going” vehicle.

the scout is in fact the wife’s motor, and I always dismissed them as been rubbish, but I have to say it’s surpassed all my expectations and I would buy another in a heartbeat now.