Beardy x greyhound

Any one working first x ? I ask because I was talking to me uncul and he said the best pot filler he ever had in 70 yr of running dogs the best dog he had was bred this way but he doubts they any of the old type of beardie collie about today ? He used is old dog gripper for most stuff but mainl gate and long netting .atb mooch 

Remember a lad in Rotherham having one late 70s early 80s a good lamping dog by all accounts i never saw it run tbh though i never heard were he got it from as he got it as an adult dog i know he visited Plummers cottage at Huddlsford on a few occasions with a lad who's father was a big mate of Plummer when he lived in Rotherham.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Remember a lad in Rotherham having one late 70s early 80s a good lamping dog by all accounts i never saw it run tbh though i never heard were he got it from as he got it as an adult dog i know he visited Plummers cottage at Huddlsford on a few occasions with a lad who's father was a big mate of Plummer when he lived in Rotherham.

My uncul said he went up Scotland to get his pup and he said he never see or had another dog like gripper ,said it not the fastest type but like he says speed not everything, he went over the water to get a irish coursing bitch and bred a litter and pups was  ok but none as good as gripper .for him to day best dog he ever had says a lot as he's had some good dogs over the yrs .

9 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

My uncul said he went up Scotland to get his pup and he said he never see or had another dog like gripper ,said it not the fastest type but like he says speed not everything, he went over the water to get a irish coursing bitch and bred a litter and pups was  ok but none as good as gripper .for him to day best dog he ever had says a lot as he's had some good dogs over the yrs .

Probably bred out of a proper bearded collie . I have heard good and bad reports of this cross that came out of Hancock's kennel's.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Any one working first x ? I ask because I was talking to me uncul and he said the best pot filler he ever had in 70 yr of running dogs the best dog he had was bred this way but he doubts they any of the old type of beardie collie about today ? He used is old dog gripper for most stuff but mainl gate and long netting .atb mooch 

This lad used to do Moocher. He probably still does. He did a lot of rabbit control and had access to proper working beardies. Haven't spoken to him in a few years.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Maximus Ferret said:

This lad used to do Moocher. He probably still does. He did a lot of rabbit control and had access to proper working beardies. Haven't spoken to him in a few years.

I'll drop him a pm after work ,never no he might still run them .