Its has been a curious old season?

I think the Hibernating Queens came out a tad early, and got hit hard by the first frosts in May...?

I am between 400 and 500 hundred nests down, on my usual tally....

Luckily a few hundred, regular customers remembered me and kindly called, so all is not lost....

Maybe next year we will all be millionaires,...ya never know?

Stay safe now lads, all the best, OldPhil.

Edited by OldPhil

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sat on a dumper in work this morning and a f****r stung me on the back of my neck?

Big nest in the side of a hot tub 

Went out to clear a fallen tree today and had to take some webbing straps off the back of the pick up. I found 12 Queens all very still and in hibernation on and under the straps. Put them all in a bu

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Went out to clear a fallen tree today and had to take some webbing straps off the back of the pick up. I found 12 Queens all very still and in hibernation on and under the straps. Put them all in a bucket with some dried leaves in and covered them with the same. They are under cover now so hopefully they'll make it to next year and build some nests. One of these Queens could be a pay check for me next year.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
58 minutes ago, PLEDGEY said:

Went out to clear a fallen tree today and had to take some webbing straps off the back of the pick up. I found 12 Queens all very still and in hibernation on and under the straps. Put them all in a bucket with some dried leaves in and covered them with the same. They are under cover now so hopefully they'll make it to next year and build some nests. One of these Queens could be a pay check for me next year.

I do similar 

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Had 2 calls for wasps today, both just reporting numerous queen's in the house. Seen 1 Queen going under my facia and had 1 in the shed. Hope it doesn't go to cold next week 

Yes l,had my first call yesterday,  Queens coming out of the hibernation closet of course . I know the customer well enough to suggest a rolled-up newspaper  or better still that he leaves them alone rather than dent my profit margin£££??

I suppose in a couple of weeks it'll be the "roof/wall covered in wasps , must have a huge nest " phone calls  .  

"No Sir/ Madame/non binary person  They'll be cute little bees enjoying the sun.   " 

• Like 1