Greyhound x Irish Terrier

3 hours ago, LuckyLamper said:

Anyone run these or are they even any decent working Irish terriers left to produce from?

There's no working Irish terriers that I know of there mite be some away down south but I Doubt it plenty of pet ones about 

22 minutes ago, LamperNM said:

There’s a lad on Facebook runs this cross I can’t mind his name but they can graft that’s for sure ?

I know boys that have this cross myself but were Did they get the working Irish terriers from ?

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, LuckyLamper said:

It’s a pity there’s such a lack of them working coz I’d say the the first cross to a grey would make a great alround lamping and ferreting dog if from a good working Irish 

There's was over here in the early 1980s a lot of them and there were some good we dogs that way Bred there was two men that only bred them type that I know of one of them has passed away and the other man out of the game now it is a shame because they did make a good dog in there own right 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ferretman65 said:

There's was over here in the early 1980s a lot of them and there were some good we dogs that way Bred there was two men that only bred them type that I know of one of them has passed away and the other man out of the game now it is a shame because they did make a good dog in there own right 

Yeah I can imagine they were good type. Over here now it’s mainly wheaton crosses you’d see now out of the all the terriers 

It's a funny one because any Irish terrier iv seen wasn't much cop for drawing or earth work but then iv seen a few Irish terrier x lurchers and they was handy dogs for rabbit and fox. Frient of mine had a dog and if you walked up to an earth and he was off the lead you was digging to him great little dog.. I keep a couple of Wheatons and there hard enough to find proper ones that are worked every week I wouldn't even attempt to try source a proper working Irish terrier I'd say you would more luck finding a pure bred bedlington doing ground work then one of them.. Atb

• Like 2